What's a good scale to measure foods?

Options
mkh858
mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
Im considering buying scale to measure the foods I eat, cuz I lve hit a plateau and I think it may be my diet. Please any scale within a reasonable price range..thanks!

Replies

• QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Just buy a normal digital food scale. Their not very expensive. :) there are no "special scales"
  • mkh858
    Options
    Just buy a normal digital food scale. Their not very expensive. :) there are no "special scales"

Well when I go to the store there are quite a few to pick from.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Any one will do. They all do the same job. (Which is weigh food) Just like bathroom scales. I would rather go for digital than analog though, they are more accurate.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,618 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just make sure it weighs in ounces and grams and has a tare feature.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Get one that is digital; has a tare function; has at least a 11 lb. (5kg) maximum limit so you can weigh cooked foods in the pot/pan; and looks good enough to sit out on the counter because you will probably use it for every meal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Just make sure it weighs in ounces and grams and has a tare feature.

This. Doesn't have to be fancy or expensive. Just needs these few features.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    n7u3ee3xia1f.jpg
    I bought this one from Target. I like it because it's flat and can hold dishes of many sizes. It looks good on the counter, and it has several measurements.
  • mkh858
    Options
    n7u3ee3xia1f.jpg
    I bought this one from Target. I like it because it's flat and can hold dishes of many sizes. It looks good on the counter, and it has several measurements.

Thanks!
  • mkh858
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    Get one that is digital; has a tare function; has at least a 11 lb. (5kg) maximum limit so you can weigh cooked foods in the pot/pan; and looks good enough to sit out on the counter because you will probably use it for every meal.

Thanks