Eating healthily, limiting calorie intake and exercising 3 days a week but gained weight?!

I've been dieting for a few weeks now working out at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes (cardio and strength) I can see my body is toning up a bit which is good but I'm not losing any weight I've either stayed exactly the same or gained a pound :( anyone have any tips or ideas?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    As a woman give it at least a month so you can compare weight against the same week in the previous month.
    New exercise routine may have led to soreness / inflammation / water water gain.
    You diary is private and no-one knows your stats or your intake.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    As a woman give it at least a month so you can compare weight against the same week in the previous month.
    New exercise routine may have led to soreness / inflammation / water water gain.
    You diary is private and no-one knows your stats or your intake.

this plus eating healthy does not necessarily mean eating at a defecit

so are you logging your calories and eating less than you burn

and are you logging food and exercise accurately and with care
  • BeckyyyXxxx486
    BeckyyyXxxx486 Posts: 20 Member
    Okay thankyou! And yeah I'm making sure I put everything in my food diary correctly, I just hope I see some results soon :)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    What @rabbitjb said. Plus, with less than 10 pounds to lose (per your profile) you have to be really carefully with logging. As in, weigh solids with a food scale. Measuring cups may not cut it, and eyeballing almost certainly won't.
    On the same lines, you have to be careful to not overestimate your exercise calories. For cardio, eat only half of what MFP or the machines say or use a HRM.

You may want to consider a body recomposition more than worry about the number on the scale, too. You can actually look and feel better (and be able to eat more!) than if you lose the 10 pounds.

Check out this thread if you're interested: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Okay thankyou! And yeah I'm making sure I put everything in my food diary correctly, I just hope I see some results soon :)

do you use a food scale?
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
    Weight is only part of the equation though, I am strength training and this week the scales didn't move from a weight perspective. However I have Tanita Body Composition scales and they told me that I had dropped 2% body fat and gained 1.5kg of lean muscle week on week.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    czlwphoupfk2.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K