2 handfuls of fresh coriander leaves and stalks

for the marinade
1tsp tumeric
1 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
about 3 large cloves of garlic
15g fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
1 large onion
2 medium tomatoes (i sometimes chuck a couple more in)

Instructions :
blend all the ingrediants for the marinade together
add to the meat and leave for as long as possible
then when your going to cook it
heat enought oil to fry the cumin seeds for about 30seconds pour in the meat and marinade
stiry fry over a moderate heat until there are no harsh bitter elements when you taste it
add the water bring to the boil then lower the heat cover and simmer till the meat is done about 35-40 mins half way through the cooking heat a little more oil and fry the chillies for about 2 mins stirring often put into the meat mixture once the meat is cooked you may either have to thin down the sauce with a bit more water ( i never have to ) or i always thicken mine with a litle cornflour stir in the coriander and serve with naan bread or rice
i always have moine with a load of boiled cauli so much lower and its lovely hope you all enjoy it once you`ve made it a couple of times its so easy its supposed to be with lamb but thats so much higher but you could use any meat you wanted and just adjust the cals and fat will put the cals and fat on in 2 mins ok

Any other comments :

here are the cals and fat

cals per portion 312
fat per portion 12.5

thats without corn flour to thicken so just add that depending how much you use if any and thats without the cauli
i usually have turkey instead of beef now so it works out much lower just adjust the cals its really nice i found out as well if you use scwartz spices there much stronger than say a shops own brand
This discussion has been closed.