TRX and circuit training

Options
Parmcat
Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
So, I have taken the next step, and next week, I start at a circuit training facility. They have tons of classes, and one is TRX, which I was told would be good for me to start with.

Just wondering if other big guys and girls have done TRX, and what your expirience was like? Was it hard to get started, Was it hard to keep up? Did it kill you to do it?

I am just worried about not being able to finish the claases at first

Any comments to prepare me would be great!

Thanks

Replies

• Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    anyone? No one?
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Have you done it yet? I just found this thread. I just did TRX today. It was really hard, but I think it is great strength training. Good luck. I am going to keep going once a week. I just go at my own pace.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi, I may not have started out with as much to lose, but the great thing about TRX is it is all about your body weight that is controlled by the angle you use, meaning, YOU control how much weight you use. I've used TRX workouts for strength training as well as cardio following a hard strength training session just by controlling the angle. It's like any new thing....it's more difficult at first, then once you do it awhile, it gets easier. Good luck.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I do TRX a couple times a week at a boutique TRX specific gym.

There are students of all shapes and sizes. You can adjust the effort/resistance based on the where you position your body.

TRX is awesome for strength, core and flexibility. At the gym I could ignore the things that were tough (core, etc.) and go bench press or curl.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken the classes. I do it at home, to their youtube workouts or I mix up my own. It's the single best fitness tool I own and has given me better gains than anything else.