Panera bread green smoothie

Options
does anyone know if panera breads power green smoothie is actually good for you??

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    In what way?

You should be able to find the nutritional information online and determine if it fits in your goals for calories and nutrition.
  • jessicaeccles
    jessicaeccles Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I looked up the smoothie and looked at the ingredients. In my opinion.. yes. It is made with water, spinach, and a peach mango base (which is pureed peaches and mangos). Seems to be good clean ingredients. Im not sure what your nutritional goals are though. The sugars and carbs are fairly high from the peach and mango puree. Cals are at 200. Really depends on what you're goals are and what you are focusing on! Hope this helped.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    For my nutritional needs, no. It's almost all liquid carbs with no protein, fat, or fiber (when those three things are what keep me full), so I would end up being hungry again an hour after drinking it. For 30 calories more, I could get the you pick two garden vegetable soup and classic salad with chicken and be fuller for a lot longer.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It has the fiber that's in the produce, which is probably not negligible, and whatever protein is in the spinach. Though I agree more protein and fat would be more filling. But this could be a healthy snack.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I'd have it as a dessert after a meal with lots of protein, fiber, and fat, and few carbs.

Or I'd take it home and add protein powder, walnut oil, and chia seeds. In that case, it would probably need more liquid as well.