10 lbs a month??

Options
2»

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I typically fail with weight loss because I like instant results, which we all know doesn't happen! I'm a full time working mom and I struggle with finding time to exercise. Mornings are impossible, so I have to find time in the evenings. Which means making sure my husband is freed up to hang out with our 2 year old. Not as easy as it sounds when real life comes into play!

I wanted to reach out to this group to find out if other moms that have succeeded with weight loss think I have a manageable goal. I'd like to lose 10 pounds a month, starting in February. I currently weigh around 185 and I'm 5'5" tall. I was around 155 when I got pregnant and 200 when I gave birth. I don't feel it's realistic to think that I'll be able to exercise every day. With all that being said, is that a realistic goal?

No, I don't think that's a realistic goal.

I'm a full time working mom and so are a lot of other women here and for those that exercise they find time to exercise. I have to get up at 5 am in order to get it done but for me it's, hell I'm worth it.

Anyway, weight loss is more about how much you're eating than exercising. Get your intake under control and you can lose weight without or even minimal exercise.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10lb this month, but I am a crazy exerciser, too. I've been keeping my calories right at around 1200 (sometimes less, sometimes more). I know you said you can't exercise in the AMs, but maybe you can. I leave my house at 5a every morning to get to the gym, shower and then go to work from there. Could your husband be responsible for getting your little one up, fed and off to daycare?
  • TLewis4786
    TLewis4786 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started at 202 on January 4th and I am now 190 so a total of 12 lbs so far this month. It is definitely possible depending on what you eat and your activity. Personally I have been eating a 1200-1300 calorie balanced diet and 20-25 mins of mild-moderate eliptical activity 3-4 days a week. Nothing too intense and it could just be the beginning water weight that came off so quick. Don't feel discouraged if you don't hit that 10 lbs a month goal which I actually have for myself also. Good luck!!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I think 10 lbs a month is a little aggressive. I just started at the beginning of January and I'm looking at a 6-8 lb loss for the month.

I'm also a mom to 2 young kids and only work out in the evenings once the kids are in bed. It's tough cause between them, work, school, and finding time to spend with my husband I just feel pooped before I even get to the exercise part!