Hydration Pack - Did i fill it wrong?

Options
Hello all!

I bought this Hydration pack the other day and it came today, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361228891164?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=630580185576&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
How ever when i tried to use it, it seemed to leak out the bottom of the bag! All my water was gone in a few miles, am i using it wrong or did i buy cheap and now regretting it? Which make should i buy to run with??

Replies

• Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    From the pictures it is difficult to say where the problem may be. I have not heard of the brand before.
    Perhaps the hose was not connected firmly enough where it joins the pouch and just needs to be re-attached properly/firmly?
    It also depends on how it is filled, some brands have quirky filling openings....my Source pouch has a screw down ring which I must remember to make sure is secured down BEFORE I screw the lid on, otherwise the water goes everywhere!
    I had a hydration pouch that lasted for years until it got squashed in the boot of my car and put a tiny split in the side seam - it took me several attempts to figure out where the leak was coming from - very frustrating!
    Check over all the seams and connections, that would be my starting point.
    Personally I use two brands - Camelbak and Source (only because I have them in different sizes).
    As a tip....keep your hydration pouch and it's fittings in the freezer to avoid mould and other horrid things. It will thaw extremely quickly.
    I hope you find the problem and it is easily remedied without having to purchase a replacement.