Too soon to run half marathon?

13»

Replies

• FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    It's not too soon but take it easy. Don't really "race it" if it's your first and your main goal is the one in March.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    @omma_to_3 @FitGirl0123 - I agree with both of you and ran the half this past Saturday! The thread came back up because I posted an update. :)
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    @omma_to_3 @FitGirl0123 - I agree with both of you and ran the half this past Saturday! The thread came back up because I posted an update. :)

I just read your update. Good job!! The last few miles of any race are going to be brutal. Good luck at your next half in March! I also read that you are considering a full. I definitely recommend it at least once. My very first race was a marathon lol. No shorter distances warming me up, just training for the full lol.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member

I just read your update. Good job!! The last few miles of any race are going to be brutal. Good luck at your next half in March! I also read that you are considering a full. I definitely recommend it at least once. My very first race was a marathon lol. No shorter distances warming me up, just training for the full lol.

Thank you!! I really want to do a full, I think it's such an incredible accomplishment. I can't imagine doing one as my first race - that's amazing!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Congrats!