Topper...off'rs :~|

Options
T0M_K
T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So I've been eating very ....very clean...I weigh a lot of my food when at all possible and feel like my tracking is pretty accurate but I struggle to eat a "good" 1600 to 1700 calories. So usually just don't eat and come up short.

What kind of "GOOD" clean foods do you eat that gets you a couple hundred calories at the end of the day when you still need them?

Thanks

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If I have extra calories I will have cashew milk ice cream, wine, flax oil (mixed into my entree), chocolate, bourbon, almonds/almond butter, french bread, pasta, pineapple, blackberries, mashed potatoes, or tortilla chips and salsa.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Peanut butter plus a banana is around 300cal
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I second peanut butter
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Nut butters, olive oil, nuts.

I really love fruit so when I'm short I usually have "creamy" fruits like banana, mango, papayas. (I am fortunate to have those varieties widely available where I live) They're all fairly high in calories.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I third peanut butter (or any nut butter). Gimme a spoon and a jar.

If you're allergic to nuts, a few ounces of good cheese and some crackers is a great way to finish the day as well (especially with a glass of wine).
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    A good gelato....like talenti carribean coconut.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    ice cream
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Eat more fat. Fat is not bad for you.
  • T0M_K
    edited January 2016
    Options
    well last night i had peanut butter and a banana. that got me about 300. Finished the day at 1480 which is probably still to low for me. just find it hard mentally to add calories despite it most likely be the correct decision especially when i'm not hungry. I've really never been hungry in this process yet. I've lost 11.6 lbs since Dec 29...too much to fast most likely. i'll continue to try to adjust. Don't want to cram the calories late in the day.
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Almonds. Every night. I have a fairly aggressive goal so every night, after I've decided that I'm not hungry anymore, I calculate how much of my deficit I still need to eat and dish that amount out in almonds. They're yummy, full of good fats and protein, and don't fill me up at all.
  • alisfitgoal
    alisfitgoal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese & yogurt, almonds too if i have room. So filling and delicious!
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    If I have extra calories I will have cashew milk ice cream, wine, flax oil (mixed into my entree), chocolate, bourbon, almonds/almond butter, french bread, pasta, pineapple, blackberries, mashed potatoes, or tortilla chips and salsa.

I started reading this and was under the impression it was a blended concoction. Thankfully I figured out that it wasn't lol.

My preference is peanut butter too. Or a couple slices of cheese and sausage
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Or just some nuts. Doesn't have to be in butter form.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »

I started reading this and was under the impression it was a blended concoction. Thankfully I figured out that it wasn't lol.

My preference is peanut butter too. Or a couple slices of cheese and sausage

That would be . . . so gross.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Almonds.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You might find some ideas here, though not all of the suggestions will fall into the "clean" category (depending on which definition you follow): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Another vote for nuts or nut butters. Or a glass of wine.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    well last night i had peanut butter and a banana. that got me about 300. Finished the day at 1480 which is probably still to low for me. just find it hard mentally to add calories despite it most likely be the correct decision especially when i'm not hungry. I've really never been hungry in this process yet. I've lost 11.6 lbs since Dec 29...too much to fast most likely. i'll continue to try to adjust. Don't want to cram the calories late in the day.

I'm always a little surprised by the people who are trying to lose weight, but say they can't eat all of their calories because they just aren't hungry. Makes me wonder how they got to the point of having to lose weight in the first place. (Not specifically directed at you, OP, but rather a general observation).

What I suspect happens is that the beginning of weight loss is sort of like a honeymoon phase where you're so pumped about losing that hunger and fatigue don't bother you so much. Kinda like you're high on weight loss or something. You think to yourself, "Sure, I can eat 1200 calories a day and exercise 2 hours on the elliptical, and not be hungry or tired. I just have all of this energy." My guess is that once you settle in and have been at it for a while, you start to realize that maybe you really do want a little more food.
  • T0M_K
    Options

I'm always a little surprised by the people who are trying to lose weight, but say they can't eat all of their calories because they just aren't hungry. Makes me wonder how they got to the point of having to lose weight in the first place. (Not specifically directed at you, OP, but rather a general observation).

What I suspect happens is that the beginning of weight loss is sort of like a honeymoon phase where you're so pumped about losing that hunger and fatigue don't bother you so much. Kinda like you're high on weight loss or something. You think to yourself, "Sure, I can eat 1200 calories a day and exercise 2 hours on the elliptical, and not be hungry or tired. I just have all of this energy." My guess is that once you settle in and have been at it for a while, you start to realize that maybe you really do want a little more food.

That could very well be. I have surprised myself to the point it has made me wonder if i'm recording things correctly but i weigh and don't miss recording anything i eat. For me at the moment, its just a lot of vegetables and lean proteins with very little starchy carbs so that doesn't add up to a whole lot at the end of the day. I am purposely trying to eat more calories and will settle in to the choices that work for me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

That could very well be. I have surprised myself to the point it has made me wonder if i'm recording things correctly but i weigh and don't miss recording anything i eat. For me at the moment, its just a lot of vegetables and lean proteins with very little starchy carbs so that doesn't add up to a whole lot at the end of the day. I am purposely trying to eat more calories and will settle in to the choices that work for me.

How much fat do you eat?