Natural remedies for stress and anxiety

Options
2»

Replies

• cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Walking, Journaling, meditation, talking with a therapist, music, yoga. I plan a vacation to relieve stress.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    exercise, lavendar, breathing exercises, music, therapy, yoga, etc.

tried a lot of these when i was going through the worst of my anxiety and ended up giving in and going on medication since it was having an extreme impact on the way i lived my every day life and none of the above could resolve it.
  • diods87
    diods87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am dealing with anxiety too, been dealing for the past year or so. I tried medication but it wouldn't work for me and I felt like I wasn't myself anymore so I stopped it. Try a therapy, find a good person psychologist and talk to them at least once a week. I know you may question it but trust me it is working better than anything it tried so far, I am finally almost living my life without thinking about everything too much. Any advice msg me on private and good luck!
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Do some research on GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) supplements and choose for yourself.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    exercise.

i have GAD (and have for over a decade, thank you dear EX) and exercise is pretty much the only (non narcotic) thing that helps. breathing techniques, centering, and finding other coping mechanisms also help....
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    magnesium, B12, zinc and antioxidants were recommended for my kid with anxiety. We added more blueberries, almonds, seaweed (and chocolate). He tends not to eat when his anxiety is high so we carry protein bars around to make sure he gets something in him.
  • HaleySerena
    HaleySerena Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5htp, or Valerian root are both life savers :)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote:
    Vitamin D and St. John's Wart.
    If it's seasonal, I would recommend a real SAD (seasonal affective disorder) light.
    Those are all for depression, but s/he is asking about anxiety. [/quote]

No- These are all for anxiety too.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    For me, I find exercising in bright sunshine is great for relieving stress. I've also started to increase my vitamin D intake, although I haven't been doing it long enough so I can't say how effective it has been.