24 - third time trying this - third times the charm?

Options
Hey Everyone, my name is Sylvia. I am 24 years old, I work two part time jobs and go to school full time. Trying to become an elementary school teacher! I've been skinny my whole life, I was alway able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Then when I was about 20 years old, I noticed my metabolism wasn't working quite as well as it had been. Now I am one month away from turning 25 and have been complaining about gaining weight for the past 5 years. I have tried exercising but I only stick with it for about 2-3 weeks before I give up and I have tried My Fitness Pal twice before, for about a month each time. I am so sick of constantly being disappointed every time I put a pair of pants on. I hate the way I look and feel in almost everything I wear. I am not the confident girl I used to be. And I know complaining about it will not change anything. So here I am, for the third time trying to stick with MFP and starting to work out again. I will no longer make up excuses. I NEED to stick with it. So I can be happy in my own skin, I don't necessarily care about the number on the scale. I just want to start eating healthier and feel better, that is my goal and hopefully I can get there without giving up this time.

Replies

• rtpenn
    rtpenn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. Make a small change by giving up something that is holding you back from being your best, then add on once you have conquered it, Winning each battle until you win the game. Eat with purpose. That's my unsolicited advice. Good luck.
  • leira_T
    leira_T Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat, my metabolism isn't what it used to be even though I exercise faithfully. I am working on my eating habits, feel free to add me,
  • rhyscycles
    rhyscycles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me. Looking to lose 1 stone.
    Rhys