Jump rope-jumps per minute

Options
So when you want to log jump rope in your exercise diary, MFP offers 3 variations-fast, moderate/general and slow.
Question is, what is considered fast, what is considered moderate, and slow? How many jumps per minute is each one?

I'd really appreciate any answers! xxx

Replies

• Toomestwin
    Toomestwin Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm not going to give you a good answer; just going to share what works for me. I use the slow, moderate, fast this way: if I'm able to jump continuously throughout my session and build up a good sweat, then I go with fast. If I have one of those workouts where I'm getting tangled up with the rope or knowingly slow down the pace, then I go with slow. If it's in-between, I go with moderate.

In the end, your body knows what you did. I just use the calorie counter as a guide but I don't try to pin it down to the exact number of skips per minute. There are too many factors (I use a heavy rope with weighted handles, so I'm sure that's going to have a different effect than a light rope with unweighted handles). Also, I jump after I worked out doing something else, so I'm already tired. My rope jumping just burns off whatever energy I have left.

Trust your instincts.