I've hit a 2 week plateau now

Options
SW 233 on 12/27/15
CW 222 today.
You think working out 6 days a week, eating between 1200-1500 calories, and nursing twins. I bought a kitchen scale so hopefully that's it. I just need some support..having twins destroyed my body and I'm finding it hard to get my old body back.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Two weeks isn't a plateau. You've lost a fair bit of weight in a month, with all of that in the first two weeks. It is likely that there was a lot of fluid loss and you were dehydrated.

You are not eating enough to sustain exercise and breastfeeding. Please eat more if you are going to breastfeed, otherwise your milk will dry up. In addition, substantial under-eating will lead to your body using muscle for fuel instead of fat.

Lack of weight loss can be attributed to many things...hormones, fluid retention, rehyrdation etc etc. If you are doing weights and experiencing a lot of after exercise soreness, your body is possibly retaining fluid to help repair the muscles.

Are your twins fully breastfeeding? Or are they on other food as well?
  • bianca616
    bianca616 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Coming back after a baby, let alone 2, can be a rough road. My son is 21 months and I am still not the weight I was when I got pregnant. Breastfeeding adds a whole new dimension to weight loss that I am glad I don't have to worry about. I just finished breastfeeding my son last month, 2 weeks before starting my weight loss plan. I breastfed up through 20 months and I never felt like it burned as many calories as I had read it does! You are on a long journey to get your health back for yourself and those babies so even if you continue to workout and eat well for a while but don't lose weight, don't give up!
  • mkh858
    mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't a plateau. You've lost a fair bit of weight in a month, with all of that in the first two weeks. It is likely that there was a lot of fluid loss and you were dehydrated.

You are not eating enough to sustain exercise and breastfeeding. Please eat more if you are going to breastfeed, otherwise your milk will dry up. In addition, substantial under-eating will lead to your body using muscle for fuel instead of fat.

Lack of weight loss can be attributed to many things...hormones, fluid retention, rehyrdation etc etc. If you are doing weights and experiencing a lot of after exercise soreness, your body is possibly retaining fluid to help repair the muscles.

Are your twins fully breastfeeding? Or are they on other food as well?

They're about to be one years old. I just started eating that many calories. I drink a gallon of water a day so it wasn't all water loss. I did a liver detox instructed by my Doctor. They eat solids 3 times and nurse 4-5. I definitely would eat more but I just started cutting back on calories now that I don't bf 100%. For 3 months I was able to nurse twins and donate breast milk so I never worry about hurting my supply. I just do stationary bike and run around with twins.
  • mkh858
    mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bianca616 wrote: »
    Coming back after a baby, let alone 2, can be a rough road. My son is 21 months and I am still not the weight I was when I got pregnant. Breastfeeding adds a whole new dimension to weight loss that I am glad I don't have to worry about. I just finished breastfeeding my son last month, 2 weeks before starting my weight loss plan. I breastfed up through 20 months and I never felt like it burned as many calories as I had read it does! You are on a long journey to get your health back for yourself and those babies so even if you continue to workout and eat well for a while but don't lose weight, don't give up!

Thanks!