Quest Bars and Atkins

Options
Good morning everyone,
I have frequently read "Yes you can eat Quest bars on Atkins - BUT not during induction." Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of WHY you are not supposed to have Quest bars during induction? Has anyone had success eating Quest bars while losing weight on Atkins? Have you been able to stay in Ketosis?
Thank you!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you're following a specific plan like Atkins induction then it has an allowed food list, which doesn't include Quest bars.

To know if they are advisable on a ketogenic diet I would personally want to test them against a blood glucose meter, but as they aren't to my taste I can't help further. It depends how you react to their so called "fiber" ingredients I suspect.
  • smiley_skydiver
    smiley_skydiver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    If you're following a specific plan like Atkins induction then it has an allowed food list, which doesn't include Quest bars.

To know if they are advisable on a ketogenic diet I would personally want to test them against a blood glucose meter, but as they aren't to my taste I can't help further. It depends how you react to their so called "fiber" ingredients I suspect.

Thank you!