Apple Crisp or Baked Apple Recipe

hkystar
hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone have a healthy version of either of these? I have been looking online for one, and only seem to be getting high cal/high sugar versions.

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I just made this last night! Totally delicious!

•2 granny smith apples, cored, peeled, sliced thin
    •1 Tbsp granulated sugar
    •2 tsp lemon juice
    •3/4 cup rolled oats
    •1/4 cup whole wheat flour
    •1 Tbsp Splenda brown sugar mix (or just use 1 more Tbsp regular Splenda)
    •2 Tbsp melted light butter or yogurt butter
    •1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
    •1/4 tsp salt

Preparation:

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.

2. Place the apples evenly in the bottom of a baking dish coated with cooking spray.

3. To complete the crisp, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir until the mixture resembles of course meal. Top the apples evenly with the oat mixture.

4. Bake the crisp at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.

I estimated the whole thing to be 350 calories but there are 2 servings here. It makes a good amount, my husband thought it was delicious and tasted just like apple pie! I also squirted a little bit of whipped cream on top (2 Tbsp).

Enjoy!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    I found this yesterday and have yet to try it, but it sounds great. And the Spiced Cider drink mixes are very tasty!

Sugar-free Apple Crisp

4 cups cored, peeled and sliced apples
    2 pouches Alpine Sugar-Free Spiced Cider Mix
    1/2 cup butter or margarine
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Layer apple slices in 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle Alpine Sugar-Free Spiced Cider Mix evenly over apples. In small bowl, blend together butter or margarine, flour and oats. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake 45-50 minutes or until apples are soft.

Makes 8 servings.
This discussion has been closed.