Gutted at plateau after just 2 weeks

Options
I've been at this for two weeks so far. After the first week I'd lost three pounds and was so happy! It really spurred me on and this week I couldn't wait to get on the scales to see what I'd lost. This morning I got them out, stepped on and.... Nothing! I hadn't even lost half a pound! I've stuck to my calorie limits all week and actually exercised (cardio) more than last week so I can't understand what's gone wrong. Without that 'seeing the results' boost I'm now feeling low and demotivated... any ideas to get me going again?

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    The first 3 pounds you lost was mostly water weight. Your body is making adjustments to this new change and 2 weeks is not a long time to say you're in a plateau. Keep doing what you're doing and the weight will come off.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A plateau is six weeks without losing weight. You are experiencing a completely normal part of weight loss, which is a week without losing weight. It happens to many people. You've lost three pounds. You should be happy!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Yeah, one week without loss is not a plateau. And as you're only weighing once a week (which is perfectly fine) then you're not going to see natural fluctuations, you might just be having a high day today. So don't panic, keep going and reassess in 6-8 weeks if needs be.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You're not at a plateau, as others have said. You lost three pounds, most of it was probably water. So you lost a pound. YAY. A pound a week is healthy. This week you didn't. Weight loss isn't linear. If you're ovulating, or about to get your period, or had a lot of sodium, the scale will show that.

KEEP GOING. Try not to think short term. Losing weight is a long term process. You can do this.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Everyone on MFP has been through weeks without weight loss, it sucks but we have to stick to it. I always try to remember that I didn't put this weight on in a few weeks, and I can't expect to take it off in a few weeks either. Keep going!