trending weight

Options
Okay, I started logging my weight every day to find the trend of when my body fluctuates in a totally different app. My question is this- when I am weighing myself every day and finding the trending weight, when do I log my weight into MFP? Do I log my lowest weight of the week into MFP or do I stick with a specific day to use that day's weight to log into MFP?

Just want to hear how those of you who track trending weight log weights into MFP

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Log it whenever you want to log it. Or just use the average each week to log into MFP. I usually just log my losses, but will probably switch to using my weekly average as my log in weight.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day to keep track of my trending weight as well, but I've chosen Tuesdays as my "official" weigh in day for MFP purposes. Whatever the scale says on Tuesday, that's what I log.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Doesn't your app synch automatically with MFP? Fitbit updates my weight for me every time I weigh in (every day).
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I log my weight into a trending program and designated the first of the month to log it on MFP. I log the trended weight that the program spits out, not a daily weight.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and my scale automatically submits my weight to MFP via WiFi.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I don't log anywhere for a trending weight, but I do weight myself everyday as a mental check on how I am doing. I only actually log my weight on MFP once a week (Friday). Whatever my weight is that morning is what I log and I am still getting a steady downward trend. Just choose what works for you, but be consistent.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and log my record "lows" on MFP. So, MFP is only trending downward, but the happyscale app I use tracks all the ups and downs.