So gassy and could really use so help please!

Options
I'm a Vegetarian.
I'm 21.
I'm a healthy weight.
I'm a housekeeper.
I'm a college student.
I'm a runner.
I'm a weightlifter.

I don't drink soda and try to limit my candy/chocolate and watch my sugar intake. Why am I suddenly so gassy?

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Double post?
  • skippygolunks2014
    skippygolunks2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you eating more legumes than usual? Also some vegies cause more gas; like brocoli. If nothing else works buy some anti gas tabs like Beano; they do work.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Kale does it to me every time lol. I find nettle tea helps
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    That's a high fiber diet, and will cause gas. Eat some meat - much better off. ;)
  • Tnangaley
    Tnangaley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Vegetables often will make one gassy. It was once described to me by a dietician like this:

"Vegetables will make you more gassy, while meat and dairy will add more odor to your gas." I also find that certain vegetables will increase gassiness for me. Chickpeas, cabbage, artichokes... they all do me in.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It happens the first two days of my period (I get very gassy and bloated and look 4 months pregnant)... is it the case for you perhaps?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    81dIsFG7-UL._SL1500_.jpg
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Are you eating lots of beans?

I find that if I rinse them (especially canned black beans) until the water runs clear it eliminates the gas! If I don't I can barely contain myself at work lol.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Any high fiber foods can make you a little gassy too, especially if it's a newly introduced food. Any changes made to your diet recently?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Beans
    Cruciferous veg
    Hormones
    Insufficient fat
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Eating too fast? Are you chewing gum during the day?
  • tcarroll120
    tcarroll120 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Some foods arnt ment to go together either.it causes fermentation in the gut
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm not bloated and I don't eat fast
  • courtmarrow
    courtmarrow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd take a guess that you've recently upped your fiber intake (unintentionally). It'll do it every time! Which is a really healthy thing to do but until your body adjusts you're gonna be a little more gaseous than usual. Just make Beano or some other anti-gas med your best friend for a week or two ;)
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Find some 10 year old boys and have them pull your finger, they will have a kick out of that.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good thing I keep anti gas meds just in case then
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vegetarian.

This is probably the delayed effect of eating a high carb diet and skimping on protein for an extended period of time. Gas is made by gut bacteria eating carbs. A solve for this is eating less carbs long enough to reduce the gas-producing bacteria. Eating too many carbs again after that will eventually bring you back to where you are now.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well if you have been veg for awhile without this issue I would say it could be a overpopulation of gut bugs if you have any craving for sweets maybe candida. You could be swallowing too much air as you eat or drink. You could have parasites. You could have a sibo infection. You could have an allergy to wheat or gluten or soy ( especially if you are eating a lot of it) beans also have phytic acid which irritates the lining of the stomache (inflammatory food) but it is said to soak them or sprout them decreases the phytic acid in them.

If it's new look at if there's anything new in your diet or if you are consuming something more than normal. Try eating somethings and keep a record of how you feel?
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Are you having any other gastrointestinal symptoms? I know this is kind of personal but has your regularity changed and where are you in your cycle? You could try ginger tea with lemon and some yoga abdominal twists to see if that relies the gas; it usually really helps me and I am pretty much always gassy lol

I also looked at your food diary - have you always eaten a lot of protein bars? My boyfriend and I were just talking about how horribly and uncomfortably gassy some brands of those, particularly those Pure Protein ones, made him. He told me a horror story of buying them from Costco and not being able to afford not to eat them for a period of time . . . it was funny but also terrifying.