Ladies 5'/5'1" recomp success stories?

Options
grapaj
grapaj Posts: 136 Member
edited January 2016 in Success Stories
Looking for some btdt / success stories! I'm lifting 3-4 days a week and eat around maintenance but typically more of a deficit... I'm reading up on recomps and would love to see some successful before afters.
I think this is the next step for me.
Thanks!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Haven't been there done that, but I am doing it. It is a slow journey as everyone says, so it will probably be Christmas before any results will be visible.
    ie: muscle definition. I am quite happy with the strength increases so far.

If you are in maintenance you should concentrate more on eating to goal or a little above. Progress is slow on a recomp but you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not fuelling your workouts adequately.

If you are lifting 3-4 days a week, are you on a structured programme? If you are not find a progressive compound beginners lifting programme. I use All Pro, but the 5x5 and NROFW etc are very often recommend on the exercise board. Check them out.

Also it is good to try to get a protein level around .65-.85 g per pound of body weight. It along with good nutrition well help support your muscle strength.

I am 5'1 and 103 lbs.

Cheers, h.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!