Recommend a good sports bra for big chest

Options
I need a good sports bra. All the one I see are to sexy(lace and stuff the tag says sports bra).. Can anyone recommend a good bra??

Replies

• hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34H and I use Shock Absorber's D+ Max bras. They're awesome.

There's been another thread on this subject today- http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10323087/bras - (long buried in the mass of posts!) There's some good suggestions on there.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34DDD and I bought mine at Victoria's Secret. I like it particularly because it clasps in the back like a normal bra.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love the moving comfort bras! It holds the girls in place and super comfortable when running. I've heard good things about Victoria Secret sports bras but haven't bought any yet.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I replied on the other thread with my reviews on most of them. Good luck!
  • kas1317
    kas1317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Victoria secret gave me more cleavage than a normal bra!!!!! I didn't want any padding . I ordered from amazon La Isla Women's High Impact Full Coverage Wire Free Non Padded Run Sports Bra. works great! I am 34ddd
  • gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I'm wondering too cause I need one so bad!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I find that they do not work for me at all for high-impact activities...or really for anything more strenuous than walking.

I just wear a very supportive regular bra (underwire) and a shaper top. That distributes the bounce over a large area for less jiggle and less pain.
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The first one I got that actually works is the Glamorise Double=Layer Custom Control. I'm a 36DD and it holds the girls in well and no wire. Just bought a Victoria's Secret Knockout sports bra based on reviews I've seen on these boards. Didn't realize it had underwire (don't normally wear bras with underwire due to breast cancer surgery 10 years ago) and thought I'd have to return it, but so far it's pretty comfortable.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I find that they do not work for me at all for high-impact activities...or really for anything more strenuous than walking.

I just wear a very supportive regular bra (underwire) and a shaper top. That distributes the bounce over a large area for less jiggle and less pain.

@azulvioleta6 try the moving comfort! My boobs don't move at all, especially with high impact!

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I just realized that despite my very thorough review, I never actually weighed in on which I liked best. For least impact for a bra larger than a D, I have to vote Shock Absorber, with Panache a close second.
  • Roeder1122
    Roeder1122 Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have a Panache - pricey, but worth every penny! I've had it for about 2 years now, still looks and works like brand new!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Elomi Energise Sports Bra

Expensive, but it's high quality and will last a long time.

http://www.barenecessities.com/elomi-energise-medium-control-sports-bra-el8040_product.htm?pf_id=ElomiEL8040&amsk=riejwn8874
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Enell! I love these. A bit spendy, but worth it to have the girls stay put. http://enell.com/
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DDD, and this is not necessarily for OP but if you are tight on cash (like me) you can wear a cheap sports bra on top of an old bra. No jiggle, is a little funny feeling at first but I've been doing it 3 years.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Totally in love with Enell. It took me years to finally give in and try one. Now I refuse to wear anything else.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm posting this a lot lately :):) :

I am a UK 34J & currently using the Shock Absorber Women's Multi Sport Max Support Sports Bra. It only goes up to an HH cup. I bought it anyway because I read that sometimes it helps lock things down when you get a size too small & also it was cheaper than my next choice which was Enell. I can get into it & it does work pretty well. There is some movement, but it is not painful or bothersome in any way. It is supposed to be an encapsulation bra, but it works like a compression bra for me, & I can even jump on a mini trampoline. It is NOT cute gym-wear & requires a large t-shirt over top because I have spillage at the cleavage & out the arm holes.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have gotten the Enell. I have heard from other top-heavy ladies that they work great. They will also custom make a bra for you if you don't fit into their standard sizes, which I don't--my band measurement puts me in one & my bust measurement puts me in another. They charge extra for a custom bra but will store your pattern for you. http://enell.com/custom-fit.html I also like that it fastens in the front. I am not at all flexible & have a hard time getting into the Shock Absorber--especially the top clasp.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love the Under Armour Protege. I wear a 34DD/34DDD in most brands but for this I get a 34D and while it's snug, there's no jiggle whatsoever.

For most brands though I can make it work by wearing a minimum support bra with a high neckline (like an over-the-head stretchy one) with a moderate support front or back close one on top. Not the sexiest look, but cheap and gets the job done.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My girls, as in daughters, are 28g and 30g, they both wear Panache sports bras and swear by them for no bounce and comfort. They come in bra sizes and are easy to get on and off. Amazon tends to have good prices for them.
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Love my Wacoal sports bras