Gold's Gym Express?

Options
I posted this in the tread about Planet Fitness, but it got swallowed up. Wonder how many of these are out there? Googling Gold's Gym Express just shows a handful and not the one that I went to.

Anyone have a Gold's Gym Express in their area? They just opened one in my community (local paper said they were testing the concept) and at $20 a month would put PF out of business with the right marketing. The $20 gives you ability to bring a guest and unlimited tanning plus obviously use of the facility and other Gold's Express locations. Here is what it has: Large area of cardio machines (plus a cardio theater showing movies), selectorized weight machines and some smaller dumbbells and benches.

As you go toward the back, a bit hidden with some walls/panels is the deadlift/squat area (2 platforms with rubber plates, 4 power cages). Then the free weight area, any sort of bench you would want barbells and dumbbells to 150 pounds each.

In the back part of the building is a "functional training area" Sort of like a crossfit playground. Has a 40 yd piece of turf and a Prowler to push on it, Kettlebells up to at least 90 lbs, sandbags, battling ropes, climbing ropes (ceiling around 25-30 ft high), a set of stairs to run, bunches of foam rollers and medicine balls and a unit sort of like monkey bars for pullups, attaching suspension trainers to etc. And outside there are a couple large tractor tires.

Interesting concept. They keep the stuff that would "intimidate" a PF member somewhat out of sight and are able to cater to people looking for a more hard core gym also. Allows someone to start out with the PF type stuff and move up if they want to.

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Their website shows very few. Closest to me is two hours away in Columbus.