PB2 powdered peanut butter

Options
13»

Replies

• ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I really like it in a snickers-flavored shake I make. I agree with others that its not good as a paste but mixed into something it does a good job of tasting like peanut butter.

On a side note, and way off topic, a friend of mine who is a homebrewer made a chocolate stout with PB2 and it was amazing.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I put it in my shakeology anf protein shakes.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=pb2

Don't know if they are the best prices but you can find PB2 at amazon.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    To repeat... great in a smoothie - greek yogurt, a little frozen banana, pb2 powder, and spinach - yum!

I actually made a desert with it and it was great - Skinnytaste's Peanut Butter Pie

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/skinny-no-bake-peanut-butter-pie.html

I bought mine at Giant (local grocery store) and saw it recently at Safeway.
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I searched today both in states and Canada did not find it at ANY of the Walmarts I looked at :(
    It's excellent! I put both in my protein shakes! Walmart now carries it a lot cheaper!

Walmart in Canada or the States ?

Be sure to look at the labels. My local walmart carries it, but they're almost constantly out.

It is in my back woods Alabama Wal Mart (ba dum tis) It is by the regular peanut butter.
  • Bama56
    Bama56 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I searched today both in states and Canada did not find it at ANY of the Walmarts I looked at :(
    It's excellent! I put both in my protein shakes! Walmart now carries it a lot cheaper!

Walmart in Canada or the States ?

Be sure to look at the labels. My local walmart carries it, but they're almost constantly out.

It is in my back woods Alabama Wal Mart (ba dum tis) It is by the regular peanut butter.

hah, i find it at my Walmart also. funny that soo many people have trouble finding it, yet we seem to have it here in Alabama. things do not generally work out that way.
  • merdman2013
    merdman2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The Bell Plantation website also has lots of recipes using PB2.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter.......in the morning with hot oats.......yum yum !!!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It's much better in a smoothie or in cooking. I tried it in morning oatmeal...ewww. I've tried the paste you make...ewww. I love the fullness the fats in PB give, so I'll keep the PB2 for my smoothies.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff. I use it to flavor refrigerator oatmeal, and for my pre and post workout shakes in the morning. Sometimes I'll just mix it with water and use it like normal peanut butter: I'll make a peanut butter and banana sandwich on wheat toast, or spread it on celery sticks.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It's sorta ok in a PB&J, but I'd just as soon have the real thing. It's great stirred into vanilla ice cream though, in smoothies as people have said and - here's a new one - if you reconstitute it with soy sauce and a little sriacha and lime juice or vinegar, it makes a fabulous dressing for salad or noodles, including those no-calorie miracle noodles, which I usually eat every so often to maintain regularity.
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's good to use in baked recipes that call for peanut butter, because it provides the flavor, but mixes -so much better- than trying to mix in great gobs of "regular" peanut butter evenly. Obviously, you need to add a bit of extra liquid to the recipe to make up for that.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate version added to my oatmeal with a little vanilla extract and agave (or whatever sweetener you prefer)-- tastes just like a whole bowl of those chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies mom used to make!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,698 Member
    Options
    I use it in stir fry sometimes, to give it a peanuty Malaysian slant.
  • damblues
    Options
    I actually like it mixed with water. I dip apples into it. It has more of a roasted peanut flavor than peanut butter. The PB 2 chocolate is outstanding. Dip apples or bananas with it. It tastes more like Peanut Butter to me. I imagine using the powder in smoothies would be great. I guess I am in the minority on liking it as it is mixed with just water The PB one has more of a roasted peanut taste to me than a peanut butter taste.
  • honey2two
    honey2two Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    just opened my first packet of it. I'm snacking on just the powder (no water) and I'm loving it! I eat real peanutbutter normally (that is smashed up whole peanuts). I'm a clean-eater... not really sure this is legal b/c of the processing. But I'm also on my "weigh" down from 350 lbs and I think this is a great diet tool. Eating it in the powdered form takes awhile because of how dry it is... which is cool because it makes the little pack last (I would've been done with 2 Tbsp reg peanutbutter long ago). Two Thumbs UP over here!