Chia!

Options
evayna
evayna Posts: 66 Member
edited January 2016 in Recipes
I just wanted to share my new obsession with chia seeds! Chocolate chia pudding and bananas <3
What are your favorite chia recipes?

2p6nzkfozzwa.jpg

Replies

• kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Coconut chia pudding! just 2 parts water to 2 parts coconut milk to 1 part chia. One drop of vanilla extract and honey to taste.
    For better macros I typically replace the coconut milk with plain yogurt, but I had the leftovers from a can of coconut so...
  • evayna
    evayna Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    kmsoucy457 wrote: »
    Coconut chia pudding! just 2 parts water to 2 parts coconut milk to 1 part chia. One drop of vanilla extract and honey to taste.
    For better macros I typically replace the coconut milk with plain yogurt, but I had the leftovers from a can of coconut so...

Coconut sounds delish!!!
  • itstime2016
    itstime2016 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I picked up my first bag of flax seed and chia seed last night. They are yummy! My husband thinks I am turning into a bird now! LOL! Anyways, I mixed them in with some Oatmeal, Honey and PB to make those yummy protein balls and I tossed them in with my Banana smoothie today! Looking forward to figuring out what else to do with them now that I have them... I also finally figured out how to chop the flax seeds up... food processor didn't work but the coffee grinder did!
  • sashalici0us
    sashalici0us Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I soaked chia seeds in skim milk over night. Put some artificial sweetner, smuckers chocolate sundae syrup and vanilla flavored 0% astro yogurt in the soaked chia seeds and blended. Added some chunks of frozen fruits and gave it anothe go in the blender. Topped off with some crushed cornflakes.. Low on calories and tasted delicious.
  • smilingdeelight
    smilingdeelight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Made chocolate chia seed pudding overnight - Almond milk, 1/4 cup chia seeds, 1/4 cup cocoa powder and I added 2 tap of stevia.
    Mix a few times to make sure the clumps are gone and refrigerate overnight.

Chopped 1/2 cup of cherries to have in the morning with it -

May try Greek yogurt and/or protein powder to up my macros. If I needed an evening snack - this would satisfy me
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Very timely thread revival because I made chia pudding this weekend and now I'm a fan.

Nothing fancy. 1.5 tbls of the seeds , .5 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and some splenda. It was more the consistency of jello than pudding but still good. :)

I wanted to do it with unsweetened chocolate almond milk but can't find it for a reasonable price anymore.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 909 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I love all sorts of chia puddings.. try a package of frozen dragon fruit (thawed) mix in chia and sweetener of choice. It’s a light fruit pudding. I’ll have to post a photo!
  • capgordon6530
    capgordon6530 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    evayna wrote: »
    I just wanted to share my new obsession with chia seeds! Chocolate chia pudding and bananas <3
    What are your favorite chia recipes?

2p6nzkfozzwa.jpg

Sound interesting and tasty lol