Military significant others?

Options
Hi! My husband is in the military, and is deploying soon. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat (girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends, whatever) and would like to start a support group? I looked through the ACTUAL group page and didn't see anything that was newer than 2013.
While he's deployed I'd like to be able to get more fit/healthy and I think it would be easier with someone going through the same thing/something similar. :)

Replies

• TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hey, my SO is in the military here and though he's not yet being deployed, he's going on a couple training missions for a month at a time. Then in the summer, possibly for 3-6 months. I know he will be losing when he's out so I'd like to do the same for him while he's gone!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »
    Hey, my SO is in the military here and though he's not yet being deployed, he's going on a couple training missions for a month at a time. Then in the summer, possibly for 3-6 months. I know he will be losing when he's out so I'd like to do the same for him while he's gone!

Woohoo! Added :) My SO doesn't leave until March, though he's across the country doing a few weeks training right now. I feel like while he's here before he leaves, I'm going to start planning what my schedule will look like while he's gone, as in what foods I'll make, meal plans I'll use, and hopefully start an exercise routine as I'm currently working 2 jobs and don't have the time.