Daily Calorie Goal Keeps Changing

Options
I'm fairly new to this app; been using it a little over 2 weeks now. I've noticed my Daily Calorie Goal will change from 1200 to 1500 every time I update my weight. Anyone know why it won't stay set at 1200? I've been manually changing it, but it is starting to get annoying...especially when doing this long term. I just today realized there was a discussion section, so I may be overlooking something else in the app that would keep it set long term, lol. It's the only issue I have using the app, otherwise, I really love it.

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Maybe because 1500 is correct? Is there a specific reason you are going for 1200 calories? MFP is designed to adjust based on your weight, so if it is telling you to eat 1500 calories, that is probably what you should be eating.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Are you setting it from the app or the website? If you're doing the guided setup, that might be why. I dunno, I've had mine set to manual for a while, but I do that part of it through the website and it works fine.

Also, it may be resetting because 1200 is too low for you at your current stats.
  • angelamurrey
    angelamurrey Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm doing it all from my phone, actually had no idea there was a website. I'll get online later and see what I'm missing. 1200 calories is what my Dr set. I eat back my exercise calories, so it's still healthy (for me anyway, we all have a story, right. Lol). Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it.