How many calories per day?

Options
2»

Replies

• GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Try with 1250 for a week and see how you feel. If you feel weak and tired most of the time, go to 1300 or 1350. Find what works for you best. Focus on eating more balanced diet, getting healthier, and the extra weight will come off.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    erinc5 wrote: »

No...MFP is NOT a TDEE calculator. It calculates NEAT.

Of course if you pick the "no exercise" option on Scooby's, then exercise, you'll need to add those calories back, same as MFP.

I'll grant that Scooby's doesn't give you an option to change your overall daily activity level (which is not the same thing as your exercise level)...typically I prefer the calculator at IIFYM for this reason over Scooby's.

Okay. So Scooby and MFP are still pretty much the same thing - only difference is one is calculated using percentages, the other using lbs per weeks goals. Scooby does give you the option to change activity levels! Just like MFP. The calorie goals for both are all based on if you select sedentary, lightly active, active, etc combined with how aggressive a loss you want... Same exact situation as MFP.

I just plugged my info into all three (as sedentary) and I'm the same on all 3 within less than 100 cals for each.

Anyways, my point in this thread is that OP can lose weight while eating more than 1250!

No..Scoobys gives you the option to change the amount of exercise you do. It doesn't give you a way to change your overall daily activity level. Those are two different things.

A.I could have a desk job, and exercise for 60 minutes per day
    B.I could be a construction worker and not work out.
    C.I could be a construction worker and work out for 60 minutes a day.

Scooby's wouldn't differentiate between A & C. MFP wouldn't differentiate between B & C. As I said, I prefer IIFYM's calculator, because it allows you to differentiate between all three.

Anyway...I agree that OP should at the very least be eating back her exercise calories on the days she's working out in addition to her 1250 base.