Not loosing

2»

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    If your logging is anywhere close to correct, your body is starving. 900 calories isn't enough to live on, especially if you're exercising frequently.
    Try using the recipe generator to establish the correct information for your cooking, and make sure that you're actually eating 1200 calories + half your exercise cals.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    On a side note - have you really had the same thing for lunch everyday since the 10th January?! That would drive me insane ha
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    According to your diary, you regularly eat less than 1000 calories. If this were true, you would be losing weight (in a pretty unhealthy way I might add) so there's something going wrong with your logging somewhere. I think you're vastly underestimating the calories in your homemade curries, for instance.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    A couple of things (some have been said above):
    -Make sure you are weighing everything on a food scale. A lot of your diary entries look very generic (1 slice, 1 cookie, etc.). Measurements like that aren't very accurate. You should be weighing what you're eating and logging it accordingly. For example, if a slice of your bread says it is 14 grams, then you should measure out 35 grams to get "2.5 slices." Those 35 grams may or may not actually be 2.5 slices, but it is accurate by weight.

-In addition to the first point, make sure you are weighing stuff like eggs, nut butters, and condiments. When I buy a dozen eggs, I never get a whole carton that has 12 eggs at exactly the same weight. Some are 50 grams, some 57, some 48, etc.. It may not seem like a big deal, but those small calories can add up to pounds over the course of the year.

-Make sure the "homemade" items you're logging are actually homemade by you. Use the recipe builder to help make it easier to figure out calories in a recipe by serving sizes.

-Log EVERYTHING. I see many days where you don't log dinner at all. You could easily be blowing your daily goal there and not even know it because you aren't logging it. Even if you log it after eating/the next day, still log it so you are aware of what you ate and how it may effect your weight. (If you log it and are over for the day consistently, that would explain the stall in weight loss.)
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2016
    BMR = 1,343 Calories/day X 1.2 (activity level)= 1611 at 1200 that puts you at a 411 a day deficit, (411x7days=2877) Since 3500kcal is a pound your loss should be at 3/4 pound a week. When you improve actual calorie counting (weight of food and consistency) and adjust accordingly I think you will see progress. 4 mile walks are excellent. While we are at it your BMI is BMI = 26.64 kg/m2 which is a hair over normal range. best of luck to you.
  • ZainabHafeedh
    ZainabHafeedh Posts: 66 Member
    Thanks everyone :)
    As you can see in my diary I have added some recipes in "MY FOOD" with all the ingredients which I use in the curry. But in MFP 1 serving is exactly how much??!! I did not get that. Please help!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Thanks everyone :)
    As you can see in my diary I have added some recipes in "MY FOOD" with all the ingredients which I use in the curry. But in MFP 1 serving is exactly how much??!! I did not get that. Please help!

If you are entering a recipe, you will need to decide how much a serving is and enter that when building the recipe.
  • ZainabHafeedh
    ZainabHafeedh Posts: 66 Member
    1 serving is 1/2 cup according to what I eat. How to enter this?! @janejellyroll