I've made a horrible mistake

Options
So I've been trying lots of new snacks, with it being January the month of all things "diet", I've found many things I've never tried before, at prices that can't be missed.

So without planning ahead, I've eaten 3 Fiber One lemon brownies, and washed them down with a Bai5 that had EIGHT grams of erythritol. Which google tells me is a sugar alcohol. I've never seen that one before, I usually avoid them all together.

My husband tells me I won't get lucky tonight. I told him it won't matter what he thinks anyway, I've got a date on the white throne.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So sorry.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    And I've just realized that Bai5 had TWO servings = 16 sugar alcohols. I may be here until tomorrow.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Gross. Erythritol and xylitol don't bother me at all.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do you have cell service in your bathroom? Keep posting.

(OK maybe I'm laughing, with you, a little cuz I learned the sorbitol lesson with an entire bag of sugar free hard candies)
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm usually very careful, and I always read labels. I guess I had a brain fart. Apparently it's contagious to the rest of my body, lol.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I have made the fiber one mistake. Those chocolate bars were so delicious, but it was so not worth it.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the thread jack but this reminds me of the Haribo sugar free gummy bears reviews on Amazon. I laughed until I cried
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Having also done the fiber one mistake, I'm laughing with you
  • lyssanstuff1
    lyssanstuff1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor, and while you're sitting on the can, read the reviews for these sugar free gummy bears. I think you'll be able to relate: http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/product-reviews/B008JELLCA
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    *snort*

I can't eat FiberOne anything. Intestinal destruction occurs.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    I'm usually very careful, and I always read labels. I guess I had a brain fart. Apparently it's contagious to the rest of my body, lol.
    If you have a laptop, bring it in with you. Watch a funny movie or something. Also pedialyte.

Have to be careful while laughing.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have issues with sugar alcohols (I don't know if I've ever eaten more than a bit at a time), but my husband threatened to divorce me if I ever purchased and consumed a product with chicory root/inulin again. There were some....issues a few years back.

My condolences.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    well thats a lesson learned for ya ;)
  • tcarroll120
    tcarroll120 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hahahahh bad mix!!
  • perhapsormaybe
    perhapsormaybe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I understand. I love mint flavored things, so I grab gum a lot. Unfortunately, sometimes I grab the kind with aspartame, which gives me severe bloating and cramps that rival the ones I have on my cycle. Blech.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    On the gummy bear thing--you should get a friend (and we all have this friend) to eat a ton by saying, "hey, I heard this candy makes you poop. Want some?" Hilarity ensues.
  • seabrzjo
    seabrzjo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your night, but glad you still have your sense of humor. Consider it a "cleanse/detox"? Good luck and drink LOTS of water.
  • mkbunny
    mkbunny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh I learned the hard way. Took a full bag of sf gummy bears camping and had a couple of exchange students with. Was awful
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    mkbunny wrote: »
    Oh I learned the hard way. Took a full bag of sf gummy bears camping and had a couple of exchange students with. Was awful

at least you know you wont be forgotten