Looking for fitness friends (:

liddoredd
liddoredd Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I've tried these things before and I've tried eating clean but it never really sticks. I'm 22 years old, 160lbs and 4' 11". This is the heaviest I've ever been and hoping that having some friends on here will help and if I can help people along the way!(:

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited January 2016
    You don't have to eat clean or make big changes to lose weight. Small changes with the foods you like so that you are eating at a calorie deficit will do the trick. You may have more luck sticking with it if you keep eating your normal foods with some adjustments.

First, log everything that you normally eat as accurately as possible. Use a food scale to weigh solid foods. Having an accurate food log will allow you to look back and decide where you might make small changes.

Next, reduce your portion sizes for the calorie dense foods a bit. Maybe have more of the veggie side dish and less of the entree.
  • liddoredd
    liddoredd Posts: 2 Member
    That's kinda what's I'm doing now instead of going all in lol I'm definitely cutting down on processed foods though like Mac and cheese (my obsession) and stuff like that. Thank you for the advice though!(:
  • DaniellaaLouise
    DaniellaaLouise Posts: 33 Member
    I'm 22 also and 181lbs currently, 5ft 4.5 so we're probably a similar build. Ive lost 10lbs so far so you definitely can! Add me and we can motivate each other if you like x
  • Bambii_93
    Bambii_93 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 22 also. I'm 170lbs and 5"1' I know how hard it is to shift pounds and it sucks when all my friends are eating takeaways and drinking cocktails in front of me. Whaaa! :'(
  • PelagicElation
    PelagicElation Posts: 1 Member
    Would love to have help as "accountability" friends! :)
  • ejwatkins1978
    ejwatkins1978 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I am new to here I have gained so much weight after my baby done every diet going and failed this has to work how are you all finding it ☺️
  • aranda22
    aranda22 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey my name is ana im new to this Im 23 yrs old and im 5'1 i also weigh 160 ! Im also looking for friends who can motivate me as i can also return the fav! It be awesone to have you and anyone else as a friend :smiley: