Home workouts to gain strength

Options
Does anyone have some basic home workouts that I can do to gain some strength? I have zero strength right now so I'd like to start simple so I don't get discouraged.

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I would start with You're your own gym, a body weight based plan that you can find on the internet then move onto New Rules of Lifting for Women or Starting Strength.
  • bridgetcarey93
    bridgetcarey93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    alypri wrote: »
    I would start with You're your own gym, a body weight based plan that you can find on the internet then move onto New Rules of Lifting for Women or Starting Strength.

Thank you :)
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Darebee.com, all bodyweight workouts with various levels and styles
  • bridgetcarey93
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    Darebee.com, all bodyweight workouts with various levels and styles

Thanks. Will check it out :)
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've found a lot of videos on YouTube I like. Bikini Body Mommy is pretty good (but her voice annoys me) and blogilates.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Yoga is great if you are just starting out :) There are all kinds of videos. I like Yoga Journal's and Yoga Zone's are nice, etc.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm big on resistance bands because of my back (and they're cheap, easy to use at home, small, portable, etc). There's a bunch of great youtube vids for getting started.
  • bridgetcarey93
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Doing yoga right now so will start to introduce some strength workouts in a month or so :smile:

• paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Get New Rules of Lifting for Women- good routines
  • whitneyyd33
    whitneyyd33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Download the app "swork it" its free they have one for each section of your body and you chose your work out time anywhere from 5 minutes up. It tells you how many calories you burned as well
  • InsaneMontae
    InsaneMontae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    P90x is what I used
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Darn! You beat me to it! Fitness Blender is great. It has a variety of workout videos at different levels and lengths. Most are free. Some take equipment and some don't and cover the spectrum from yoga/pilates/stretching to hardcore HIIT and weights.
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options