New mum desperate to loose weight :(

Hi I am Emma I am 37 and have a one year old baby I have tried every diet going and failed I have been doing fitness pal for 2 weeks so far so good any tips or advice I would be grateful :)

Replies

• Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Hi Emma! Welcome to mfp! I always tell people to find their true motivation. I have tried and failed multiple times just wanting to be thin but it wasn't enough to keep me going. My little one is 4 and I realized that in the event of a natural disaster I would not be able to pick him up and run. I decided my goal would be fitness... healthy eating and weight loss goes along with that. So now every time I think of being lazy or giving up I picture being the weak link in my family's survival. True motivation for me. :smile:
  • Kellee4
    Kellee4 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Emma. I am a 41yr old mum of a 2yr old and I haven't got it right yet, however I have lost a bit of weight by ensuring I am eating a good amount of protein each day. I recently spoke with a dietician and naturopath and she told me to make sure that every meal and every snack had protein the size & thickness of my palm.

I followed this for 6wks leading up to Christmas and lost 8kgs. So I'm back on this today. I started the day with 4 eggs :)