How do you jazz up your popcorn?

Options
I bought an air popper because I thought it would be healthier than microwave popcorn but it's really, really, blah. A little butter doesn't go very far so I either have to use butter spray which I don't really care for or I was thinking maybe an olive oil mister and some popcorn seasoning. Any ideas?

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    My solution to everything: hot sauce. It's practically calorie free and I love it.

Sometimes I go the other direction and add a little butter and cinnamon sugar.

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast. Tastes just like cheese its basically and it's mainly fiber and protein!!! :smiley:

Also stevia and cinnamon is good!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont eat popcorn. LOL

and on the rare times i do (like twice a year) its at the movies and loaded with butter and salt :P

when i was a kid (maybe 7 or 8) i overdosed on popcorn and chocolate yoohoo. never fully recovered LOL
  • jandw122912
    jandw122912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Lawry's seasoned salt or Tony chachere's seasoning.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    garlic salt.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I second nutritional yeast! Confession: I rarely go to the movies but when I'm there I love a bag of that ungodly movie popcorn with fake butter and I even smuggle in a bag of nutritional yeast for THAT! Ya, I'm a complicated person. But try it. It's delicious. You'll need something like a spritz of spray oil at least to make it stick to air pop. And it has a lot of protein. Winning!
  • tcarroll120
    tcarroll120 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No salt herba from the health food store may work.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Splenda and cinnamon, chili powder, garlic powder, italian seasoning
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast with taco seasoning. It's like doritos. I throw a little chipotle sauce on there too so the nutritional yeast sticks to it...nom
  • seabrzjo
    seabrzjo Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Get this stuff called "Kernel Seasons" that they sell in the popcorn section. It's pretty much just powdered cheese but there are a ton of flavors. It's only 5 calories per 1/4 tsp which isn't much but I still only use maybe 3 servings on a giant bowl of popcorn. 15 calories to make my popcorn into cheese popcorn? Heck yes!

Do you have a Kernel Seasons shaker that states only 5 calories per 1/4 tsp? The only reason I ask is because my local stores don't carry it, but I was getting ready to order online. I visited the Kernel Seasons website and they list nothing less than 80 cals per 1/4 tsp for any of their products.

I am really interested if your shaker has a different value ... I so hope it is 5 calories :)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Parmesan cheese
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Omg I miss popcorn so much. I wish I could eat it :(
  • kodaboo88
    kodaboo88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and salt
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Chipotle powder
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Old Bay seasoning, sometimes garlic salt...some of the Mrs Dash flavors are good as well!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    butter+parm+cracked black pepper+salt
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Hot Sauce is my main one, then parmesan cheese, although it doesn't stick well with air popped so well.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Butter and more butter...and then salt...and lots of it. If I am going to have popcorn, I am going to indulge.
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just add Hot Sauce and Black pepper :smile:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I second Kernel Season's....except the Kettle Corn one. Very bland, I mixed in some cinnamon. Now it's tasty.

My favorite Kernel's is Ranch flavor.