Could I lose 3 lbs in a 11 days safely?

Options
My kids are having their first birthday party in a 11 days. So far I've lost 11lbs. I want to lose 3 more. I'm not into a quick fix I just want to make my goal..thanks!

Replies

• ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Probably not. At the start of your journey, weight comes off quickly because you have stored water, but it likely won't happen like that again. You should be proud of the work you've done so far and maybe even reward yourself with a little cake!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Why tho??
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Okay so NO ONE will be able to tell if you lost 3lbs. So why does it have to happen?
    If you want to, then go low carb and deplete your glycogen and water storage. Of course when you consume carbs and water again, it will all come back. But if it's just for that birthday party.............

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sure, you can "lose" 3 lbs in 3-4 hours. Take a water pill, pee out about a half gallon of water, step on scale. Number that is registered is 3-4 pounds less.

You haven't "lost" anything that won't be replaced the first time you take a drink of fluid.

You ARE in to a quick fix if you want to lose 3 lbs in 11 days. Get real.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Seriously? It's a KIDS BIRTHDAY PARTY. No-one will be able to tell and no-one will care!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Okay so NO ONE will be able to tell if you lost 3lbs. So why does it have to happen?
    If you want to, then go low carb and deplete your glycogen and water storage. Of course when you consume carbs and water again, it will all come back. But if it's just for that birthday party.............

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

^^ This.

3 lbs will not make a lick of difference.
  • mkh858
    mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Why tho??

To make my first goal..be under 220 by my kids birthday party
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Eh, don't listen to these negative people. Sure you can do it! I mean... 2lb in a week is totally doable. I think 3lb in 11 days is quite reasonable. Do it!
  • mkh858
    Options
    Mavrick_RN wrote: »
    Sure, you can "lose" 3 lbs in 3-4 hours. Take a water pill, pee out about a half gallon of water, step on scale. Number that is registered is 3-4 pounds less.

You haven't "lost" anything that won't be replaced the first time you take a drink of fluid.

You ARE in to a quick fix if you want to lose 3 lbs in 11 days. Get real.

My doctor told me I can lose 2lbs a week..so I came on here to seek advice if it's healthy..my goal was to be under 220 before my kids birthday..it's a personal goal not a quick fix. If I can't do it I won't be upset, but I want nutritional thoughts not someone telling me it's nothing to lose 3lbs..losing anything makes a difference to me.
  • mkh858
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Seriously? It's a KIDS BIRTHDAY PARTY. No-one will be able to tell and no-one will care!

Thank you for your thoughts, but I need advice not criticism!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If this isn't the start of your weight loss process, it would be difficult. Once you've passed the initial big whoosh, losing at that rate is iffy. 1% a week at 223 would be around 3.5 lbs in 11 days but that's with perfect conditions (no room for normal fluctuations. )
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    mkh858 wrote: »

Not criticism - sorry you're taking it that way.

Can you lose 3 lbs on the scale in 11 days...of course. Pretty easily.

If it's a mental victory for you, then go for it.

The point though, is that we don't ever really have a "one true weight"...our scale weight is constantly fluctuating +/- within a 5 lb or so range. I might weigh 160 when I get out of bed. Use the restroom then weigh 158. Eat breakfast and weight 158.4. Drive to work and weigh 157.2. Eat lunch and weigh 161. Etc etc.

• mkh858
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    Eh, don't listen to these negative people. Sure you can do it! I mean... 2lb in a week is totally doable. I think 3lb in 11 days is quite reasonable. Do it!

Thank you! I make tiny goals so it seems more doable for me. I just want to make sure it's safe to lose 3lbs in a 11 days..if I asked 10lbs or higher in a 11 days, then I can understand people bashing my post, but really..
  • DaisyBlinks
    DaisyBlinks Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    How much time did it take you to lose the first 11 lbs? It's possible to lose 3 pounds in 11 days but I think the mindset here might be setting you up for frustration and disappointment. The numbers on the scale can be influenced by so many factors anyway that fretting over three pounds is setting yourself up to fail eventually, you know?

Where are you in your menstrual cycle? That could easily influence your weight by three pounds in either direction.
  • mkh858
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    That's it. I am going to start tracking the themes of each week on MFP. This is clearly "Can I lose X in Y weeks?" week.

So if I asked can I lose 70lbs in 2 years would you say I could do it? Of course that seems healthy. I didn't
    mkh858 wrote: »

Not criticism - sorry you're taking it that way.

Can you lose 3 lbs on the scale in 11 days...of course. Pretty easily.

If it's a mental victory for you, then go for it.

The point though, is that we don't ever really have a "one true weight"...our scale weight is constantly fluctuating +/- within a 5 lb or so range. I might weigh 160 when I get out of bed. Use the restroom then weigh 158. Eat breakfast and weight 158.4. Drive to work and weigh 157.2. Eat lunch and weigh 161. Etc etc.

Then why did you say nobody will care? That sounded critical to me. I weight myself once a week same day, no clothes and before breakfast. I know my weight can fluctuate through the day but I'm not weighing myself everyday.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You've lost 10lb already. How long did that take?
    All you can do is eat your calories, keep an eye on your sodium and if you can, add a bit of exercise
  • mkh858
    Options
    How much time did it take you to lose the first 11 lbs? It's possible to lose 3 pounds in 11 days but I think the mindset here might be setting you up for frustration and disappointment. The numbers on the scale can be influenced by so many factors anyway that fretting over three pounds is setting yourself up to fail eventually, you know?

Where are you in your menstrual cycle? That could easily influence your weight by three pounds in either direction.

It took 2 weeks to lose 10lbs, so now at 5 weeks I've lost 1lbs. I know the first 10lbs was all water. So now my goals are 1-2lbs a week..I breastfeed so I don't have a menstrual cycle. Yippie! Lol jk
  • mkh858
    Options
    star1407 wrote: »
    You've lost 10lb already. How long did that take?
    All you can do is eat your calories, keep an eye on your sodium and if you can, add a bit of exercise

First 2 weeks I lost 10lbs. I was eating 3500 calories a day and I started eating 1800 and burning 300 calories on the bike. I drink a gallon of water a day cuz I breastfeed. I'm at week 5 and only lost 1lbs..I'm having problems with portions so I bought a scale for that..
  • mkh858
    Options
    Probably not. At the start of your journey, weight comes off quickly because you have stored water, but it likely won't happen like that again. You should be proud of the work you've done so far and maybe even reward yourself with a little cake!

Trust me I will be having me some cake..lol
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'd advise you to definitely weigh everything you eat, it is so easy to eat more than you think when you don't weigh in grams. Obviously you breastfeeding means you need to make sure you eat all your calories, your hydration sounds good
    I like your thinking of breaking your goal down into tiny steps, that is very much my way of thinking