How do you CHARGE your Fitbit Charge HR?

Options
ZRx4
ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
So, I got a really cool new gadget for Christmas and so far I love my Fitbit. I've only had it a few weeks, tho it seems like the battery is not lasting the full 5 days. Typically, I get about 3 days, after turning off all notifications. Well it died on me last night, so I plugged it into my lowest amp iPhone wall charger, it charged all night and is already saying the battery is dead. I called Fitbit and they say to charge on a computer. Anybody else having issues?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    randeortiz wrote: »
    So, I got a really cool new gadget for Christmas and so far I love my Fitbit. I've only had it a few weeks, tho it seems like the battery is not lasting the full 5 days. Typically, I get about 3 days, after turning off all notifications. Well it died on me last night, so I plugged it into my lowest amp iPhone wall charger, it charged all night and is already saying the battery is dead. I called Fitbit and they say to charge on a computer. Anybody else having issues?

I had that issue a month into my first one. None of their solutions helped me and they had to send me a replacement.
  • golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I plug mine into the wall like you did. My charge lasts about 3 days. Sounds like you might have a dud. Bummer. But I've heard they are good about returns and replacements.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Personally, I charge it when I'm in the shower everyday. I have to take it off anyway. Another poster suggested charging the device while in the car, especially good if you live somewhere with lots of traffic...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I have mine in an iPhone wall charger and it last 4-5 days
  • JasperPW
    JasperPW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also charge it every day during my shower. You have to make sure that it's actually actively charging, though, because sometimes the connection doesn't seem to be that perfect. I've had mine for a year now and the most I've gotten was 3 days. That's why I just gave in and started charging daily.
  • thook02
    thook02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also got a charge HR for Christmas and mine charges fine, they're probably assuming your little boxy part is the problem. I would check and see if it can charge on a computer and if not call Fitbit and try a new cord (you never know, something could have happened to it) and then after that I would request a new fit bit. Fitbitters, feel free to add me on Fitbit! Just shoot me a friend request and I'll let you know my Fitbit email haha.
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem you did. I contacted customer service and they sent me a new one. The newer one works a lot better and holds the charge for the full five days. It's definitely worth it to contact customer service. They were great about trying to help me solve the problem, and when they couldn't, to send me a new one. I suggest you give that a shot.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    On my PC. I charge mine every other day, and it is usually at about 1/2 charge.
    malibu927 wrote: »

^JW, how do your charge it with your iphone wall charger. My iphone charger is totally different from my Fitbit Charge HR charger.
  • donutbears
    donutbears Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I charge via USB port to pc. Mine typically lasts from 3-5 days depending on usage. The more you check your fitbit the more battery it uses.
  • Robo_mooh
    Robo_mooh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I plug the cable in the wrong way round - it shouldn't happen cause it has a notch in the connector but I can still manage it occasionally, so... uhh double check?! :D
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OP, if you haven't already you might try doing a hard reset. Plug it into your charger and hold the button down until the screen flashes.

I charge mine when I'm in the shower, using the wall charger that came with my Kindle e-reader.
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good to know, guys. Thanks for all the responses. I actually just received my replacement, but was curious how others charge. The lady at Fitbit said my iPhone charger is too many amps and can blow out the battery. I'm literally never on a computer so, charging it at the one we have is a pain (turning on surge protector, booting up, logging in, etc). I just don't want to ruin my new one.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    On my PC. I charge mine every other day, and it is usually at about 1/2 charge.
    malibu927 wrote: »

^JW, how do your charge it with your iphone wall charger. My iphone charger is totally different from my Fitbit Charge HR charger.

I put the charging cord into the USB port on the base (the part the iPhone cable plugs into). And I did it with my Flex for months with no issues, and the battery lasted a week
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mine used to die about every 2 days.... I took the all day sync off and I have to manually sync it....now it lasts MUCH longer. And I do it for about 2 or 3 hrs when I'm showering or doing dishes or watching tv
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Also I charge using the pc