40 somethings (Motivation and Support from 40 years old and older)

Options
2»

Replies

• cantina920
    cantina920 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. In 2014, I got my butt moving and most 75 pounds. Fast forward to 2016, and I've gained about 30 pounds back! This past week, I decided to get back on track. My goal is to lose 20 pounds before I turn 43 in September.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I joined MFP in Feb 2013, at age 51 weighing 232. I lost 50+lbs, got active (started walking, lifting and cycling) and felt great. But in May 2015, I had surgery on my knee and it has taken a while to get back on track. I gained back 20lbs due to the inactivity of recovery.

But I"m back with the program now and ready to lose another 40lbs (goal weight 160). The good news - just one month of daily consistent effort and I've already lost 7lbs!

• samj61868
    samj61868 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Navallez wrote: »
    Hi 46 and need to lose 100+ lbs...I can use all the motivation and support I can get, feel free to add me :)

• samj61868
    samj61868 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I as well need support and motivation.
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just turned 42 here. Ill help anyone who helps me in return :)
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I'm 40 and lost almost 30 pounds 2 years ago and have been able to maintain by using this site.
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'll join this bandwagon as well. 43 and definitely getting some of the "middle-age spread" as they call it in the advertisements here (Ireland). Boo!
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 with an initial target of losing 10lbs to get my BMI down from obese to merely overweight (I've already lost a fair bit of weight since starting C25K in mid 2014 but had relapsed a bit until starting running again a couple of months back).
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and down 20 of the 50-60 pounds I want to lose. Happy to add all of you.
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 in March... Lost 52 pounds over 12 months, for the last 4 months I have been focused on strength training and continuing to reduce overall BF%.
  • Angela2ndChance
    Angela2ndChance Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm 45 and the heaviest I've ever been. I'm on a goal-mission to lose 100 lbs by next May when I move. Looking for accountability partners, too. Dee, feel free to add me! Let's support each other in our quest. :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I achieved my goal at age 50 and I've maintained since then, currently 55. I lost 85 pounds. Don't believe the mid life lies, haha, but yes all the hormone issues can make it a little more of an uphill climb - especially when they interrupt your sleep. Lack of sleep is the biggest driver of hunger hormones ever, so remember that eating up to maintenance is always a win!!!! (it's not gaining weight - it's staying at maintenance)
  • uthinkuknowme
    uthinkuknowme Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 43. About 10 years ago I was given the advice to focus on process, not results. When you focus on the former, you will see the latter.

I don't diet. I just have a low calorie lifestyle, which this website helps me track. I do have my weaknesses (craft beer), but the food diary keeps me mindful of how much protein, fat and carbs I take in, which alleviates the guilt of that sweet, sweet Great Lakes Porter(s).
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... and others who wish. My news feed has been pretty quiet, it would be nice to have some people that post more. I just turned 40 ... looking to lose 40 - 50 lb. Typically I follow IIFYM. I had best results when I focused on strength, I got pretty lazy over winter and I've been trying to up my activity over spring. I've lost 13 since March - which was what I had gained over the winter :