Clothes

Options
2»

Replies

• emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    nicoiam69 wrote: »
    I started on my journey because none of my work pants would fit - I'm a chef and purchased a bulk pack of pants in a size L and could barely get them on!! I finally had to admit that I hadn't put on just a few kilos - I'd put on 25kgs.........so my first goal now is to get into those pants!! I'm pretty close - the try on last week had them on but still a little too snug to work comfortably in but it won't be long now. Once I can get into those I have a pair of jeans that I love but which I haven't been able to zip up for quite some time - goal 2. The numbers on the scales are motivating, but seeing that translate into real changes is fantastic.

This was the motivator for me the first time I lost a significant amount of weight... I gained quite a bit in my first semester of nursing school and when I realized after the holiday break that my uniforms didn't fit and I couldn't afford to replace them, I knew I had to do something differently. Kept it off for years, but gradual creep has me back in the tracking saddle.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't normally buy clothes that are too small. However, I currently have a brand new dress in my closet that is a size too small that I'm hoping to get into this spring. I found it at a store last fall in the right size and didn't buy it. When I went back, my size was gone but the next size down was there. As I knew I would continue to lose weight, I decided to get it so I wouldn't end up kicking myself for missing out again.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I don't have much of a disposable income for clothes shopping but I sew so I'm starting to look at how I can alter the clothes I currently wear in the future. But I am looking forward to hopefully raiding the wardrobes of friends and family to borrow fancy dresses and other more expensive items of clothing!