Somethings gotta change

Options
Hey there everyone, my names Courtnie I am 24 years old and from Newfoundland Canada. I don't know how many times I have tried to loose weight now, over seriously lost count. But last night going through old photos I could cry. At my lowest I was 145, at my highest (was pregnant) I was 220 after I had my lo I dropped down to 186 but now I am back up to 198 and being 5'1 just not a good combo. Nothing fits and I am so frumpy I barely do myself up anymore and never feel as pretty as I used too. Somethings gotta change, I wanna be there to watch my little boy grow up and have kids of his own. Some friends along the way as support would be amazing as well!!

Replies

• vvento
    vvento Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Courtnie, I would recommend buying a digital food scale and digital weight scale. Just to start off, I would suggest to get into the habit of weighing everything you eat (more for you to visualize portion sizes). this is in no way to be set as a restriction, just for you to be aware of how much of something you actually eat.

Just by starting to go for more walks lets say a 15-20 stroll with your little boy should be sufficient enough for now as far as excercise. Tracking the food and entering it as accurately as you can by weighing on the food scale will help with successful habit forming portion control.

The weight scale is to track fluctuations in weight 2-3 times a week and write it down. at first it will definitely be something that you might just cringe at, but after about a month to month and a half you'll not only see how your body fluctuates throughout the week but will see the downward trend and start noticing your body recomposition itself to feel and look slimmer.

Based on the #'s age, weight, height. I've calculated the caloric maintenance at 2180kcal (Calories) daily, with the Macronutrient goals at 198g Protein, 210g Carbohydrates, and 61g Fat.

I'm sure you've heard and have been told that for weight loss you need to be at a caloric deficit. This is where those 15-20 min walks come in. if you can burn anywhere from 200-400 kcal (Calories) a day for those walks and don't eat back the excercise Calories then you'll be at a deficit. 2180 - 200 = 1980 net kcal, 2180 - 400 = 1780 net kcal.

This way you'll fuel your body and won't be hungry most importantly while maintaining a deficit.

Congrats on your little one. We love our little 2 month old so much, its the best!
  • Pokemom33
    Pokemom33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A
    vvento wrote: »
    Hi Courtnie, I would recommend buying a digital food scale and digital weight scale. Just to start off, I would suggest to get into the habit of weighing everything you eat (more for you to visualize portion sizes). this is in no way to be set as a restriction, just for you to be aware of how much of something you actually eat.

Just by starting to go for more walks lets say a 15-20 stroll with your little boy should be sufficient enough for now as far as excercise. Tracking the food and entering it as accurately as you can by weighing on the food scale will help with successful habit forming portion control.

The weight scale is to track fluctuations in weight 2-3 times a week and write it down. at first it will definitely be something that you might just cringe at, but after about a month to month and a half you'll not only see how your body fluctuates throughout the week but will see the downward trend and start noticing your body recomposition itself to feel and look slimmer.

Based on the #'s age, weight, height. I've calculated the caloric maintenance at 2180kcal (Calories) daily, with the Macronutrient goals at 198g Protein, 210g Carbohydrates, and 61g Fat.

I'm sure you've heard and have been told that for weight loss you need to be at a caloric deficit. This is where those 15-20 min walks come in. if you can burn anywhere from 200-400 kcal (Calories) a day for those walks and don't eat back the excercise Calories then you'll be at a deficit. 2180 - 200 = 1980 net kcal, 2180 - 400 = 1780 net kcal.

This way you'll fuel your body and won't be hungry most importantly while maintaining a deficit.

Congrats on your little one. We love our little 2 month old so much, its the best!
    Thanks for the input I will for sure keep all this in mind :)