Here to motivate new starters! I've lost 20lbs on here

Options
Hey everyone :)
Having used this app since June last year, I know how brilliant it is! I wanted to lose weight for a number of reasons and I knew I wanted to keep it off. I figured a diet where I was having to cut things out and miss out on a social life wasn't going to be for me! This app is brilliant because you can still eat the things you crave and the occasional biscuit or sausage roll, because it can all be calculated into your daily allowance! That's what I found the best part of dieting this way.

I'm happy to help any new starters get started!

Replies

• Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great work! I've lost 70 and my g/f has lost 40 since June as well.

Counting calories works. It is the vbestest chance you have to change your lifestyle.
  • reobeaumont
    reobeaumont Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Counting calories works. It is the vbestest chance you have to change your lifestyle.

Great work the pair of you!! I definitely believe it's the way to go and it's helped me so much!
  • skippynwezel
    skippynwezel Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Fantastic for both of you
  • tara2502
    tara2502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi,
    I've just posted a question on the food/nutrition board and then noticed this thread - you sound like the right people to help with my query! I hope to lose 20lb in 20 weeks (very achieveable) - according to MFP my basic calorie need is 1930 cals/day - so I plan to cut by 500 cals/day which should equate to 1lb per week (right?).
    so, my problem is that i dont/wont have much time for exercise (a couple of runs a week at best) - so if I cut my calorie intake alone by this amount will it matter whether i exercise or not? will the simple maths of calories in -v- calories out do the trick? I'm worried that if there are weeks when i cant exercise that i won't lose at all so just want to sure i'm doing the right thing.
    thanks in advance!
  • reobeaumont
    reobeaumont Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    tara2502 wrote: »
    hi,
    I've just posted a question on the food/nutrition board and then noticed this thread - you sound like the right people to help with my query! I hope to lose 20lb in 20 weeks (very achieveable) - according to MFP my basic calorie need is 1930 cals/day - so I plan to cut by 500 cals/day which should equate to 1lb per week (right?).
    so, my problem is that i dont/wont have much time for exercise (a couple of runs a week at best) - so if I cut my calorie intake alone by this amount will it matter whether i exercise or not? will the simple maths of calories in -v- calories out do the trick? I'm worried that if there are weeks when i cant exercise that i won't lose at all so just want to sure i'm doing the right thing.
    thanks in advance!

Hi Tara!
    I'm ever so sorry, I have only just seen this! I hope your weight loss is going well :) When i first started using this app i wasn't doing any exercise AT ALL, and i still found i was loosing weight purely because i was no longer eating more than i was burning! So yes, to answer your question, you definitely should still lose the weight, even if you're not exercising. x
  • roni99123
    roni99123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im new on here and still figuring things out, i need friends and tips im having gastric bypass sugery and they want me to loose 20 or more. Any help would be great. I need to have suport friends but im not sure how to add friends. I hope to hear back soon