weight off, now on to the nutrition part......

Options
Last November I finally got to the point in life where I was ready to give it heck and actually TRY to lose my excess weight. I was up to about 270 and am 6ft tall. Here it is the end of June and I have lost 65ish pounds. I have done this by running and watching the amounts of what I eat. I have done no calorie counting nor have I followed nutritional guidelines of any sorts.

What I have noticed is that some days when I run things go REALLY good, and other days it is a real struggle. I have a feeling that my lack of nutritional balance has a lot to do with this. I know I could do searches to find out how to eat healthy but I wanted to ask here for your input. How should I be eating to make sure I am getting what my body needs?

Thanks!

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Do you track your macros? On the days that you struggled with running perhaps your carbs were too low. Just a thought.
  • susekane11215
    Options
    HI, I find nutrition to be the most difficult part of losing/maintaining weight. Everyone is different but I have found a few things that work well for me. I get hungry often so find it very helpful to eat smaller amounts every three hours or so. I also am very careful to make sure I include protein since it keeps me fuller longer. I also try to stick with whole grains and keep sugar to a minimum. I think this site is a good way to keep track of what you eat and what works best for you.