Breakfast ideas??

Options
2»

Replies

• agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    During the work week it is toast with peanut butter or cheesy eggs and turkey sausage. yum :smiley:
    Weekends we make and eat large breakfast with our kids since we usually eat late and skip lunch. (pancakes, potatoes, omelets etc.)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If eggs, bacon, omelets, oatmeal, and yogurt are all out, that's cutting out a lot of the standard options I'd suggest.

Avocado on toast
    French toast (I eat mine with yogurt instead of syrup)
    Bagel thins with cream cheese and lox
    Frozen waffles with peanut butter

What were you eating for breakfast before? That might give us some ideas. And remember, you don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. You can have leftovers, steak, veggie soup. Your body doesn't care.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just started making Overnight Oats with yogurt, milk, Peanut butter and frozen berries. All in a 500 ml mason jar. Add hemp or chia seeds for good fats. Have a great day fit fam!!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with Kashi cereal. Fruit. Bagel and Cream cheese. Breakfast wrap (tortilla, scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon)
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast burritos for the whole week on Sunday - usually eggs, ham, onions and cheese. Wrap them up in parchment paper (so I can throw them in the microwave at work) and tinfoil. You can even throw them in the freezer if you want to make more. Seems to fill me up until lunchtime.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I make mock McMuffins basically every day.

Toasted English muffin, sandwich thin, or bagel thin (I like high fiber options), lightly buttered if you like
    Breakfast meat of your choice (deli ham, turkey sausage, and bacon are my faves)
    Cheese (I like to get it sliced at the deli so it's a little thinner; cheddar or American are my usuals)
    Whole egg or egg whites, optional - I like to just nuke egg whites in the microwave in a mug, comes out the perfect shape! You could do that with a whole egg, too.

Assemble, nuke to melt the cheese a little if you want. Done!

When I do it with a high fiber muffin, ham, and egg whites, it comes out to 230 calories, 30g carbs, 9g fat, 8g fiber, and 17g protein. I honestly wish I could scale back the carbs a bit to fit my own day a little better, but other than that it's a pretty good start to my day! And it really only takes a couple of minutes to throw together.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I eat them for lunch and dinner, but how about a fritatta? Kinda like a quiche without the crust or baked omelet. You can add a bunch of vegetables, a little cheese, meat, etc. and it keeps well for a few days. I like it both reheated and cold. Changing what you put in them will keep them from getting boring. Playing with the add-ins or using half whole eggs and half egg whites can help you meet your calorie goal.
    Ham, broccoli, cheddar
    Potato & onion
    Spinach, tomato, feta
    Shredded chicken, corn, kale, pepper jack
    Cauliflower, onion, bacon
  • brentsgurl
    brentsgurl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the suggestions....before i started eating healthy i didn't eat breakfast, however now that i am counting my calories and eating better i've noticed as soon as i open my eyes in the morning i'm hungry and need to eat. I try to keep my calories under 300 for breakfast so i have enough left for the rest of the day. I'm going to try some of the suggestions listed. Thanks everyone for the help......NOW I'M HUNGRY :) lol
  • beataparsons
    beataparsons Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    alden7492 wrote: »
    I really love a scramble, heavy on the veggies of course! I do about 1/2 cup (each) of whatever veggies I have on hand-broccoli, onion, peppers, asparagus, spinach-add some coconut oil and some sort of lean meat and an egg and voilà! Light on carbs and heavy on protein

Love this! ! And there's SO MUCH, you feel like you're eating a "real" meal.

I still add a small potato but know as I lose it'll have to eventually go as my calorie goal will decrease
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have a different breakfast every day (I rotate the same ones), that helps me out a lot.

One of my favorite breakfasts that I came up with recently was... 1 plate (I use about 30-50g of oats/barley dry) oatmeal or the like with 1 whole fresh pineapple! It came to be something under 400 calories, and it was very filling and super satisfying. <3 I find that porridge tastes pretty boring on the daily, but after I turned mine tropical like that... o-m-g.

Also I've been really enjoying rice cakes with peanut butter & jam on top. One day I had two rice cakes, a little bit of peanut butter, 1 banana sliced on top with sprinkles of 1 square 74% dark chocolate. That was perhaps the most indulgent breakfast I've had in years and it was a pretty sensible portion still. Definitely delicious, and different!
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If you like hummus I do a hardboiled egg with hummus on top. On weekends when I have more time I do a fried egg with hummus on toast.
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal! I like variety and have a sweet tooth. I work three nights a week and on my days to work I eat a simple breakfast of instant chia oatmeal and yogurt before driving home and going to bed (I have a 45 minute drive). Other days are the ones I really enjoy. I also keep my breakfasts at 300 calories or less. All of these suggestions fit into that calorie count.

I know you don't care for oatmeal, but I have two breakfasts that use oatmeal, but do not have the taste or texture of regular oatmeal. They are:

Overnight Oats http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/2015/05/13/overnight-oats-for-breakfast/

Oatmeal Pancakes:http://hurrythefoodup.com/cottage-cheese-pancakes/

There is South Beach Muffin recipe that is quite good, high in protein and can easily be tweeked to fit your taste: http://www.food.com/recipe/south-beach-muffin-263983

Some days I will have a Fiber One bar (I like the 90 calorie Lemon Bar or Cinnamon Coffee Cake Bar) with coffee when I first get up. Then I will follow up with an egg and fruit. Sometimes bacon, when I have it on hand and am feeling like I want to be treated.

A good light breakfast is Greek Yogurt with fruit and granola. Some added nuts would increase the protein and keep you a bit fuller during the day.