Best SWEETS in your neck of the woods! Or places you've tried elsewhere?

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    That looks tasty!

There are a bunch of places in the area here (central NJ). There's an Italian pastry shop (only had a couple things there but it was very good), a cheesecake shop (very tasty and reasonable serving size too!), a cupcake shop (they have special treats every day and make the best bread pudding I've ever had and their cupcakes are fantastic), a very good bakery with fantastic croissants, scones, and cupcakes, and a fantastic donut shop. Then a few mediocre bakeries I no longer go to.

Then there's Princeton with some more delicious bakeries/pastry shops, and the Whole Foods here actually has a very good bakery section too.

So, having grown up in France, eating a croissant or two pretty much every day, I'm pretty happy where I live.

Princeton is by Hamilton, right? There's this spot I've been to right after a baptism and I don't remember the name or anything but they had really, really good chocolate-covered croissants. The only thing I remember is that it was close to a train track. Lol.

Yeah I'm in Hamilton. So many tasty things.
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Revolution Doughnuts-- Decatur, GA
    They're amazing. They have caramel bacon ones and orange pistachio ones and almond joy-nut ones... Sigh.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    My strawberry beds in June!
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Homemade chocolate gravy. But it's a dieters nightmare :o
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »

Haha. You must be southern. I thought my family was the only one who ate chocolate gravy.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/slik-chocolate-houston

I've only been here once and picked up a few pieces of chocolate. This place is great! I wish I knew about it before my birthday.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »

Haha. You must be southern. I thought my family was the only one who ate chocolate gravy.

My family was, lol. I'm born and raised in Ohio.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Beavertails "sigh". Used to get to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto), as soon as they opened in the morning and get Beavertails for breakfast. So yummy! Sadly I can't eat them any more for a multitude of reasons. Tom Thumbs in the Food Building hot out of the fryer covered in crunchy sugar were very delicious too!
  • perhapsormaybe
    perhapsormaybe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sweetcup Gelato in Houston, TX. They have a pomegranate rose sorbet that I would at least consider killing for.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Sweetcup Gelato in Houston, TX. They have a pomegranate rose sorbet that I would at least consider killing for.
    I've always wanted to try this place.

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    Oakmont Bakery! YUM
    Do yourself a favor and if you're ever in the Pittsburgh area pay them a visit.

@scastor27

I have had many people tell me about that bakery, but that is a 45 minute drive for me. :(
  • Crazyfighter99
    Crazyfighter99 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Holtman's Donuts in Goshen, Ohio has absolutely the best donuts I've ever had.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

@scastor27

I have had many people tell me about that bakery, but that is a 45 minute drive for me. :(

I promise you it's worth the drive! I'm lucky enough to have them dangerously close. You should see the lines Saturday morning...it's like they're handing out gold.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Albanese chocolate in Northwest Indiana
  • kaylasgriffin88
    kaylasgriffin88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Olivia Macaron in Gerogetown (DC)! Amazing! Sprinkles cupcakes in Gerogetown as well. And Gigi's Cupcakes in Nashville, TN.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Esther Price chocolate from Dayton, Ohio. Love, love, love it!
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is a regional treat from North Western Ontario...specifically Thunder Bay, Ontario. They have this type of donut called a Persian. It's like an oval flat cinnamon bun with a pink strawberry (?) flavoured icing.
    I lived in TB for nine years and I bought them weekly for the kids and I. Haven't lived there for sixteen years and I still think of that deliciousness...in fact I'd like one right now! Best donut EVER.