"Exercise doesn't help you lose weight unless it's >4hrs/day"

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's where I think the radio announcer was going, @goldthistime . Eat a box of cookies and you will have to exercise 4 hours or more to compensate. That's just not sustainable. Calorie restriction to lose weight.

That being said, my weight has been much more stable and I've felt much fitter since I upped my exercise. It take a freaking long time to lose more weight, but I'm having a lot more fun doing it.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    For me, it's near on impossible for me to lose weight on training days. On training days I want to feel nourished, to eat whatever the hell I want to keep my mind alert and my body going.

Up until a few weeks ago I was working out between 2-4 hours 6 days a week on top of a pretty exhausting daily routine and active work life.

Now I've cut back the training and I'm fasting on the days I don't train (3 days of the week) as well as having a proper 'feed' day one day a week where I eat and don't train.

I've lost 8kgs in January.

I can't imagine it's muscle loss because I train so much and eat so much on training days.

I would say from my experience that it's easy to lose weight if you're really big by training, but beyond a certain point you've got to focus entirely on diet even if it means your training relaxes