Do you miss fast food?

Options

Replies

• sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Only miss the fries. But with fries comes soda, and with soda comes.... Like the book about giving a mouse a cookie for me. I have to avoid if I can.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the "I know I can have it, but not in the quantities I want" comments. I mean, I do, because I used to say the same thing. But let me tell you, you CAN enjoy fast food in smaller quantities. It IS possible to learn to eat just two tacos, or a big kids' meal, and be satisfied with that. But you won't learn to limit your quantities if you avoid it all together.
  • jandw122912
    jandw122912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No... Because I still eat it! I love Thai food and taco bell! We don't eat out nearly as often now, but we go about once a week...
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I eat it when I want, no guilt.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No, I never particularly like fast food...I've personally never understood why people think it's good...IMO, people's taste buds must be *kitten*...that *kitten* is barely food.
  • deaniac83
    deaniac83 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    dotti1121 wrote: »
    There are no capable substitutes for bean burritos, nachos, cheese sauce... :(
    You can have a bean burrito. Just start with burrito in a bowl, which leaves the tortilla out. That will reduce a good amount of calories. Or ask them to not put in rice and ask for extra beans/chicken instead. Protein will keep you full longer.

Can't help you with the nachos and cheese though, except to say at the beginning, make sure to hit your quota of fruits, vegetables and lean proteins first, and see if you still even have room (I don't mean in your calorie budget but as in whether your body still wants it) for nacho cheese.
  • serasmommy
    serasmommy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I kinda miss having the usual. .. ten chicken nuggets meal up sized with coke and two mcdouble cheeseburgers. ...
    I've tried it now and it hurts physically. Lol
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I love Taco Bell! I just had some today, and I had a piece of cake as well and some cookies. I just work what I eat into my calories for the day. I worked out for an hour as well, and ate back half of my calories as well. Just because I want to lose weight doesn't mean I can't eat what I enjoy I just eat less of it. Ordering on one quantity and realizing how much the calories are definitely keeps me in check. I refuse to let food take over me I prelogg what I will eat, and when I go out I don't tempt myself to get even more.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    thinking about taco bell gives me heartburn, i dont know what they put it in, its painful.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I could go to In n Out every damn day. But I see it as a kind of gateway drug. It's just not good for me right now. I'm getting myself used to a more specific schedule and way of eating. I fit it back in later with more structure (I hope!).
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of you will say no because you eat it now and fit it into your daily calorie goal. I could do that but I can't eat the amount of it I want to eat and struggle with portion control. I look forward to it and struggle with not eating it.

If you have given it up or eat a lot less, do you miss it?

Yes, I miss it, and unfortunately members of my family bring it home, along with junk food. Before I started my diet I polished off six or seven fried onion rings last week. I would never order that, but it was right there.

I hope that when I begin to see some progress with this diet -- I don't have much to lose, but it gets harder as I get older -- I'll really think hard about the cost of junk food and eat less. But I'll never give it up.
  • Verdenal
    Options
    It's the alcohol that kills me. I'm on a serious cut right now. GIVE ME ALL THE BEER. :(

I miss beer more than fast food too. I have to avert my eyes every time I open the fridge to block out that nice, icy bottle on the shelf.
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No. My husband and I gave up fast food 7 years ago.
  • Verdenal
    Options
    I
    Now that I'm on lower carb, I am missing Noodles & company a LOT! That's my "fast food" pic!

I love ramen in restaurants. It's served quickly, but it's not really fast food because a lot of effort goes into the preparation. But between the noodles, the broth, and the pork, it's extremely high-calorie, high-carb, and high-fat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the "I know I can have it, but not in the quantities I want" comments. I mean, I do, because I used to say the same thing. But let me tell you, you CAN enjoy fast food in smaller quantities. It IS possible to learn to eat just two tacos, or a big kids' meal, and be satisfied with that. But you won't learn to limit your quantities if you avoid it all together.

I can't imagine a world where I'd be satisfied with a kid meal. I'd still be as hungry as when I went in. Heck even my 7yo kids are still hungry after a kid meal. That tasty filet-o-fish? Didn't fill me up at all, and it wasn't even one of the days when I'm hungrier than usual.

So no, I honestly can't fit fast food in my calories without being hungry, unless I'm eating salad (and no thanks). And I'm eating 1900 calories currently. But as I said, I don't even want it anymore anyway... rather make my own burger, fries, or tacos, at home.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    A new sort of food truck has opened about 1 minute from my flat and apparently they do a mean burger. I've resisted so far but the quality will be far better than anything I can get at McDs and I don't have to get in my car to get it. That's the sort of fast food burger that really appeals to me. Must remember to try them soon...........
  • elias1609
    elias1609 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just got done thinking about chipotle...
    Then I was like hey I can make a healthy version of a burrito bowl at home...
    But sometimes I find myself missing it but when I eat it, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth now
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I can't imagine a world where I'd be satisfied with a kid meal. I'd still be as hungry as when I went in. Heck even my 7yo kids are still hungry after a kid meal. That tasty filet-o-fish? Didn't fill me up at all, and it wasn't even one of the days when I'm hungrier than usual.

So no, I honestly can't fit fast food in my calories without being hungry, unless I'm eating salad (and no thanks). And I'm eating 1900 calories currently. But as I said, I don't even want it anymore anyway... rather make my own burger, fries, or tacos, at home.

I said a Big Kids meal. Portion's a bit bigger, obviously.

Or, at Burger King: a Whopper, Jr. instead of a Whopper, with small fries (bigger than kids fries) instead of large.

There are ways to fit it into your day. Works for me. *shrugs*
  • courtmarrow
    courtmarrow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I definitely do! I think the same way in terms of portions. Like, pizza, for instance. I could maybe squeeze in 2 slices but I've never been able to eat just 2 slices of pizza and feel satisfied. So...for the time being I've just avoided things that I know I have no self control with. Hopefully as my journey progresses I'll be able to have a healthier grasp on those foods.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    elias1609 wrote: »
    I just got done thinking about chipotle...
    Then I was like hey I can make a healthy version of a burrito bowl at home...
    But sometimes I find myself missing it but when I eat it, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth now

I don't know why but I don't think of chipotle as fast food. I freaking love chipotle but I haven't eaten there in months. I may have to treat myself tomorrow!