Hello.. New to this!

Options
Hello,
This is my first time on any type of app or fitness regiment. I have always been healthy and pretty active but never been as serious about transforming myself, body and mind, until now.

My name is Jacki.

Replies

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If I had any advice for you it would be to read ALL of the sticky posts on this forum! Soooo much great information that will help change your mind/attitude about weight loss (just because you mentioned that) and set you on the path to success! It takes time and you won't see changes every week. Be patient and consistent, and you will succeed.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacki! I would love to be friends. Feel free to add me!
  • jackipear
    jackipear Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thank you guys! I am on a difficult journey but so excited about the future( and scared as well).

I was diagnosed with MS two weeks ago and have taken a complete turn around mid set about my health! I'm out with a cold last couple of days and I have to rest. I just keep thinking cold die so I can go hike!
  • rickirenni
    rickirenni Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacki- It sounds like I'm in a similar boat as you. I was also diagnosed (tenatively) with MS 2 weeks ago, although they took extra blood to send to the Mayo Clinic to rule out the possiblility of NMO instead (which is very similar to MS). However, at this point their best guess is MS, and yes, it has completely changed how I think about my health. Good luck in your endeavor to take control of your health, and also with wrapping your brain around your diagnosis. It can be a trying time for sure.
  • FredBeach
    FredBeach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jackipear wrote: »
    Hello,
    This is my first time on any type of app or fitness regiment. I have always been healthy and pretty active but never been as serious about transforming myself, body and mind, until now.

My name is Jacki.

We are all friends here working to a common goal