So discouraged....

Options
I've been doing great, sticking within my calories, exercising at least 5 days a week. Now, I'm stuck at home sick, not able to work out, having trouble staying within my 1200 calories and I just want to bury myself in a big bowl of popcorn (with butter).
Any suggestions for staying on track when you feel lousy??

Replies

• bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump up to 1lb loss or even maintenance for the day and give yourself the opportunity to choose, just for today, whatever you want to eat. I have a hard time fighting cravings when I know I have a huge deficit to follow but when I give myself the chance to indulge I always find that I end up voluntarily staying within my original goal anyway.

But even if you don't... One day at maintenance won't kill you. You're sick. No need to add extra stress.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Maintenance for a few days is what I do too. It only adds 250 or so, so won't cover a box of cookies or anything.
  • barbpl65
    barbpl65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump up to 1lb loss or even maintenance for the day and give yourself the opportunity to choose, just for today, whatever you want to eat. I have a hard time fighting cravings when I know I have a huge deficit to follow but when I give myself the chance to indulge I always find that I end up voluntarily staying within my original goal anyway.

But even if you don't... One day at maintenance won't kill you. You're sick. No need to add extra stress.

thanks! Even though my head knows that, my body needed to hear it (and pay attention to it). It was a gorgeous 45 degree day today and I did not feel well enough to walk the dog, hoping tomorrow is better and maybe I can set my sights on making it around the block and forgetting my exercise goals for the week. Zumba is definitely out!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    This is a marathon, not a sprint. Get healthy. A couple days wont ruin your hard work.