Fitbit exercises

Options
My exercises that I enter into mfp don't go over to my fitbit. And yes I have it synced. What gives?

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if you enter exercises into mfp it doesnt sync over to your fitbit. your fitbit should sync over to mfp and show your exercise calories burned. what kind of fitbit do you have?

• Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit HR records my steps onto MFP
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Have you tried unlinking and relinking them?
    try disconnecting from here:
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30

and going to your fitbit dashboard to click the revoke access from myfitnesspal:
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/apps
  • shadow2soul
    edited January 2016
    Options
    if you enter exercises into mfp it doesnt sync over to your fitbit. your fitbit should sync over to mfp and show your exercise calories burned. what kind of fitbit do you have?

@CharlieBeansmomTracey - it actually should transfer over and adjust your fitbit calorie burn. If it's not, then their is a glitch with the link between the 2 accounts.

MFP sends logged exercises, weight (if logged here), and food logs to Fitbit.
    Fitbit sends MFP total calorie burn as of last sync, weight (if logged there), steps, sleep minutes, and BF% (if logged there).
  • Jenfit03
    Jenfit03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit Charge HR. Its soooo easy. I log my food into MFP, and my exercise to my Fitbit. They sync and update each other. It's fantastic. MFP adjusts my calorie count from the exercise it records.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

@CharlieBeansmomTracey - it actually should transfer over and adjust your fitbit calorie burn. If it's not, then their is a glitch with the link between the 2 accounts.

Fitbit sends MFP total calorie burn as of last sync, weight (if logged there), steps, sleep minutes, and BF% (if logged there).

if she logs here though,it doesnt always automatically go to fitbit and I have noticed a lot of time when it does its wrong(especially the food log). the best thing to do is either use MFP or fitbit.Im not saying to sync them. what Im saying is dont worry about what mfp sends to fitbit or vice versa. just worry about what one app says(calories,exercise,etc). the only thing I rely on is my exercise from my fitbit being sent to mfp. I dont worry about what mfp sends to fitbit. it makes it more confusing to follow two different apps. you can cross reference them just to see if they are close though.and a lot of the times when I workout,it will say I burned X amount of calories for X amount of time,but then when my fitbit syncs to MFP its less time and less calories(due to the mfp/fitbit formulas)
  • shadow2soul
    Options

if she logs here though,it doesnt always automatically go to fitbit and I have noticed a lot of time when it does its wrong(especially the food log). the best thing to do is either use MFP or fitbit.Im not saying to sync them. what Im saying is dont worry about what mfp sends to fitbit or vice versa. just worry about what one app says(calories,exercise,etc). the only thing I rely on is my exercise from my fitbit being sent to mfp. I dont worry about what mfp sends to fitbit. it makes it more confusing to follow two different apps. you can cross reference them just to see if they are close though.and a lot of the times when I workout,it will say I burned X amount of calories for X amount of time,but then when my fitbit syncs to MFP its less time and less calories(due to the mfp/fitbit formulas)

The problem being when it doesn't transfer like it should it can screw up your calorie burns on both apps.

Let's say you log it on MFP and it doesn't transfer. This can result in Fitbit taking away a large chunck of calories, because your MFP burn went up and (depending on model/activity) Fitbit may not have tracked the full calorie burn during that time frame (example would be swimming, your device is off so you only get resting calories unless you log it).

Let's say you log it and MFP sends it at the wrong time. You are going to be doubling up a bit in this. Both apps will be telling you to eat more than you should.
    So when logging exercises on MFP with Fitbit synced, ignoring whether or not it's working right can cause problems. Either causing Fitbit to take away food calories or causing Fitbit say you can eat more than you should.

My personal preference:
    I use MFP to log my food because it has a better food database and the recipe builder is handy.
    When I logged exercises, it would be in Fitbit because I got tired of the wrong time glitch (currently using Surge so the only thing I log is swimming these days).