40 Something Finally Doing Something About It

Options
Hello all, 40 something who is finally going to do something about it! Spent too many years doing the "I need to do something" and now I am! Looking for others to team up and push ourselves. Goal of 20 to start but 30 would be the bomb. The other way to look at it...I want to exchange the keg belly for a 6 packs. Lofty...don't know, but one step at a time.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Almost 42 here and I'm on my way to being in the best shape of my life. Add me and we can cheer each other on!
  • johnbella
    johnbella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    18 pounds down since 1/1/16, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Got a lot to go, but good first month. Need motivation not to revert to old habits.
  • shellygirl2
    shellygirl2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    42 too and that's the same story here lol I am determined to be fit and healthy by my 44 th burthday
  • missroseseeshertoes
    Options
    Hello, I turned 42 last week and am in exactly the same spot. I am so tired of being fat, unfit and totally F@#$ed off. I am too young to feel this bad and ready to make this change from the inside and the outside. Looking forward to making some new friends as well.
  • xStalkerIIIx
    xStalkerIIIx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    40 here and never felt so alive. I have a lot of years of self destruction to reverse so lets get it on!
  • scottm7000
    scottm7000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am eating and drinking right which is half the battle. Now I need to get over a few hurdles to make this really work.
  • YCLAIBORNE
    YCLAIBORNE Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Scottm! Just turned 41 and am reclaiming & rediscovering my body in this fitness journey. I'm 5'8" at 183, so I'm aiming for 150-155. More importantly, I want to shrink my mid and have a very healthy heart. Since 1/7/16, I've lost about a pound, but also over an inch in the waist (34 to 33") Yay me! Ideally, I'll be at 30" by this summer. After 3 sons & 4 decades, I'm looking forward to this journey. Best of luck to everyone.
  • scottm7000
    scottm7000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Yes, it is time for us to do something about it. I hear you about the mid section. Found my ab routine that I am going to try so here goes. Add me if you want a push or support!