Anyone listen to audio books?

Options
13»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Might I ask how you go about listening to Audio books? I would love to start listening to them while running but they're SOOOO expensive! I used the audible app trial (where you got a free book download) and after the trial was over and I saw how much most books were ($32+) I was shocked!

I borrow them in CD format from my library and burn them onto my IPod. When I finish it, I delete it and borrow another. There is a way to download them from my state's digital library onto my IPod (uses Overdrive) but I haven't tried that yet.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Currently listening to my favorite author's last book that he published before he passed away last year; Dr. Wayne Dyer's "I Can See Clearly Now." It's his autobiography infused with his lifetime of self-help guidance. I highly recommend it.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggetions!
  • yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    How do I burn to iPod?
  • KarenEarp
    KarenEarp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Might I ask how you go about listening to Audio books? I would love to start listening to them while running but they're SOOOO expensive!

My public library has audio book loans through Overdrive. I listen to them pretty much constantly (in the car, on the stationary bike, on the treadmill, when work is particularly boring, etc) and they're all free. I've found some pretty awesome titles by picking from what's available now, like:

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain
    After This by Alice McDermott
    Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
    The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
    Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova
    After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman
    The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon
    Calico Joe by John Grisham
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Anything by Brandon Sanderson! I love his stuff so much.

Can't focus on audiobooks though, I'm a visual person. I listened to two of them and had to backtrack all the time because I kept losing focus, lol.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I've been listening to the Outlander series :smile: always listen to them in the gym and when I'm walking to work!
  • josmiller65
    josmiller65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Listened to whole outlander series read some years ago , just finished 15 the book in Harry Bosch series (Michael Connelly) if u want a really long one The Dome by Stephen King is good Also Tales of the Otori is a great series
  • sc487
    sc487 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants some additional audible books I can sell you some at $5 each. Message me if interested
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i love audio books. i've listened mostly agatha christie ,and stephen king.