Scoliosis & Mom of 5

Options
Hi! I am a mom of 5 cute kiddos. I am 30 and have severe scoliosis. Pregnancy was really hard on me and I gained a lot of weight during each one. After 5 pregnancies I am severely overweight and need to lose around 80-90 pounds. I can't believe I got to this place. For awhile I haven't cared enough to do anything about it but I recently threw my back out and with rods on either side of my spine it scared me. Being in so much pain made it impossible for me to care for my children and it definitely got me motivated. I need to be fit, healthy, and strong to avoid injuries and to be a good caretaker for my kids. I have started phentermine and will be trying that for a few weeks to help kick start this process. Any other moms who need support finding time to care for ourselves and our health through exhausting days, I feel ya. Let's keep each other motivated.

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck! I only have mild scoliosis which rarely bothers me; I can't imagine what it's like to have it severely with 5 little ones underfoot.

Just remember, phentermine can help kick start your progress to your goal(be aware of the side effects!), but it will not help you in the long run if you don't learn some healthy & sustainable habits whilst on it. I mention that from previous experience :)

A good way to start is to browse the stickied threads in the different forum sections; they're full of great information for people starting out on the site.
  • aspeng
    aspeng Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have worried about the side effects and whether or not it will be too difficult when I get off. But so far so good, I've been eating really healthily and drinking lots of water. I hope it can be helpful rather than problematic. I'll definitely check out the threads. Thanks again!