5'11 / 163 lb father of 3 (need help getting to 7 percent body fat %)

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think this is very realistic...at least not to maintain at that low of a BF%. I know a few guys that compete and they only get that low for show and it's pretty hard on them at that. They're more like 10% on the everyday.

Age is also going to be a factor here...I'm 41 and I start having issues below about 12%.
  • jasonsunlee
    jasonsunlee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. I realize that 7% is not realistically sustainable but what's wrong with having a goal and target that's a bit harder to reach.

I just don't feel content on maintaining and am constantly look to improve and shock my body in a healthy manner during the peak months of my training.

To date I am mixing ul my routines with interval weighted sprints, plyometrics, and shorter (but heavier) lifting reps to maximize peaks and performance. I'm in the gym about 2 hours+ 5 to 6 days a week.

Again, I'm not competing just trying my best to maximize my potential and set a target (to see how close if not meet my goal). I appreciate the suggestions and will try some of your suggestions to keeo myself disciplined onmy macros.